Job Opportunity Details
Employee Relations Manager
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Human Resources - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
The Employee Relations Manager REPORTS IN-PERSON and is responsible for managing Employee Relations matters such as conducting employment investigations, and providing ongoing training and coaching and guidance to Principals, Presidents and Business Managers in Diocesan schools. This position responds to inquiries from school employees on matters related to HR policies and practices, and use of the HRIS system. The Employee Relations Manager will review and make recommendations regarding existing employee relations programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Forms trust and builds relationships with Principals, Presidents and Business Managers using onsite visits and regular contact through email, phone and virtual meetings.
• Provides guidance on all employee concerns, addressing school issues swiftly.
• Counsels employees on concerns related to applicable Equal Employment Opportunity laws including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and other similar federal and state laws.
• Ensures that HR practices align with the Catholic Schools Office Handbook Policies.
• Follows Employee Engagement and Recognition Programs.
• Serves as the primary contact for the Principals and Business Managers, and as appropriate, employees in the schools.
• Advises and trains managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing employee issues and employee grievances.
• Assists Business Managers and Principals in the development of their local employee relations posture.
• Develops Employee Relations metrics for the locations as appropriate.
• In collaboration with the Director of Employee Relations, develops trainings as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and benefits administration.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
• Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to navigate various types of software. Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PP, Visio, etc.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as either a Human Resources Generalist, Business Partner or Employee Relations Manager, required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience utilizing HRIS software, required.
• SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or PHR, SPHR certification, preferred.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing, preferred
• Bilingual, English and Spanish, a plus.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Erika Hernandez, Talent Acquisition Specialist
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes