Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Maintenance / Custodial Staff
Hiring Location: St. Rita Catholic Community - Parish
Address: 12521 Inwood Rd., Dallas, TX 75244 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Sunday between 7:00am - 10:00pm (work hours will vary)
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Job Title: Custodial Staff
Status: Full Time Hourly
Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
Under the general direction of the Pastor, the Parish Administrator, and the immediate supervision–Facilities Manager, is responsible for the general cleaning and upkeep of Parish buildings, grounds, and equipment to include setup/tear-down of Parish-School functions, events, and activities, as well as accomplishment of minor maintenance tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support of the Church’s spiritual and pastoral mission
• Perform daily/weekly cleaning of the Church, Commons & Sweeney Hall, ensuring restrooms are tidy and fully stocked
• Comply with chemical handling laws and safety regulations as required; maintain a safe work environment
• Accomplish and/or perform daily routine school required tasks i.e., morning/afternoon carpool cone placement/retrieval, cafeteria setup, cleaning, and trash removal
• When required, accomplish end-of-day closing tasks to ensure campus building are secured and alarms properly set
• Keep Parish grounds and buildings neat and clean always; remove debris from walkways.
• Acknowledge and respond to radio call requests in a timely and courteous manner
• Provide excellent customer service to co-workers, staff, parishioners, and visitors
• Complete special projects as may be assigned by the Facilities Manager
• Accomplish required setup/teardown tasks as directed by the Facilities Setup Supervisor
• Review the daily facility setup schedule to ensure setups are accomplished in a timely manner
• Accomplish work orders as assigned by the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
• Maintain the tidiness, appearance, and proper stocking of housekeeping closets as needed
• Maintain awareness of daily campus events/activities, and take appropriate action to escalate internally or externally, any safety and/or security issues/concerns
• Performs other duties as required and/or assigned by the Facilities Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, or Setup Supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Some professional work experience as custodian, janitor, or a similar role a plus
• Working knowledge of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances and how to maintain them
• Understanding of safety protocols such as disposal of chemicals and other hazardous items
• Comfortable with basic landscaping and maintenance tasks
• Detail-oriented and conscientiousness
• Able to work 8 hours on your feet and lift up to 50 lbs
• Flexible schedule
• Experience with use of cleaning equipment and appliances
• Attention to detail
• Good physical stamina and strength
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to understand verbal instructions.
• Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
• Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
• Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
• Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
• Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
• Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
Name and Title: Steve Brockett
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes