Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of Business Operations
Hiring Location: St. Joseph Catholic Church in Richardson - Parish
Address: 600 South Jupiter, Richardson, TX 75081 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
The Director of Business Operations is in a senior leadership role in support of the pastor's responsibilities to the parish and school. This leader is a steward of the physical, financial, and personnel resources of the parish. The Director of Business Operations is a Christian minister for the community of St. Joseph Catholic Church.
GENERAL OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Consults with and advises pastor on business and administrative matters that affect the parish and/or school.
- Supervises the work of the school business manager.
- Supervises the Manager of Facilities and Maintenance.
- Collaborates with the work of diocesan shared accounting services.
- Works closely with Office Manager to manage the parish office.
- Maintains good working relationships, effective communications between parish community, school community, various groups and outside authorities.
- Attends and presents information at parish staff meetings, committee meetings and Parish Finance Council meetings.
- Attends diocesan administration meetings representing the parish and the pastor. Distributes and disseminates information obtained at these meetings to all parish personnel.
- Oversees the management of the parish records.
- Coordinates parish casualty, property, and workers' compensation insurance with the diocesan master insurance program.
- Directs or provides input into parish and/or school stewardship, development, and fundraising initiatives.
- Oversees the management of parish information technology.
- Participates in strategic planning and day-to-day execution of strategic goals/objectives.
- Maintains familiarity with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Works with Pastor as part of parish senior leadership team.
- Other activities as deemed necessary by the Pastor.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING:
- Works collaboratively with an accounting firm (or bookkeeper) who would assist with the following.
- Manages the A/P function and oversees timely payment of all vendors.
- Produces monthly financial statements for the Parish Finance Committee and reports any major discrepancies from the proposed budget.
- Maintains accurate accounting following generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maximizes cash management resources.
- Manages banking relationships and oversees credit card administration.
- Maintains accuracy of all financial files and records.
- Establishes a responsible cash flow management system.
- Prepares, administers, and reviews budget process in collaboration with finance and other commissions, subject to review and/or approval by Parish Finance Council and the Pastor.
- Acts as liaison between the parish and the diocese in financial matters.
- Coordinates and reviews parish based organizations' funds
- Ensures financial accountability and stewardship policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Oversees weekly processing of contributions and reports collection total in weekly bulletin and Parish website Produce annual tax letter to parishioners
- Publishes monthly financial statements on Parish website
- Establishes and maintains personnel performance evaluation process.
- Administers salaries
- In collaboration with the diocese, overall sees all benefit programs and the annual open enrollment
- In collaboration with the pastor, establishes and implements personnel policies.
- Establishes and conducts employee training.
- Processes new hire / termination paperwork.
- Manages the semi-monthly timekeeping reporting
- Overseas the semi-monthly payroll.
FACILITY AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Supervisors the work of the Manger of Facilities and Maintenance.
- Oversees the security of property (keys, files, valuables, etc.)
- Oversees the Parish Columbarium.
- Works with pastor and director of facilities to prioritize renovations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Solid business operational experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Good organizational skills
- Good record-keeping skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft product required
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- Ability to manage
- Ability to present oneself professionally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and to be flexible
- Able to work frequent evenings and/or weekends and work with an unpredictable schedule; when necessary
Education and Experience:
- College degree desired in Business or a closely related field and 5 – 10 years of business experience
- Must be practicing Catholic in good standing
Name and Title: Loretta Smith, Office Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes