Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Project Gabriel Director
Hiring Location: Catholic Pro-Life Community - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd. Suite 121, Addison, TX 75001 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 30 hours a week Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The position of Project Gabriel Director exists primarily to assist with carrying out the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community. All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Project Gabriel Director is a 30 hour a week position that includes some evenings and Saturdays throughout the year. The person in this position directly supervises the activities of the Gabriel Angel Coordinator, Project Gabriel Resource Coordinator, and the GEMS Coordinator (education program) and indirectly, the Gabriel Angel and Coach volunteers who befriend and mentor mothers facing an unexpected, stressful, or at-risk pregnancy as well as those registered in the educational program. The Project Gabriel Director reports to the Director of Ministries of the Catholic Pro-Life Community.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee the administration of the Project Gabriel Ministry such as hiring team members, advising, and assisting the Project Gabriel staff, creating awareness and building relationships among different agencies and organizations.
• Compile, report, and track ministry updates; create and submit a ministry budget (monitor, and authorize expenditures throughout the year), and develop new and or better ways to further the ministry
• Schedule and conduct Gabriel Angel Trainings (two in English and two in Spanish per year) as well as “Grow in Gabriel” (ongoing education talks for current Gabriel Angels)
• Work with GEMS Coordinator and Project Gabriel Assistant to expand the educational program and approve scholarship awards.
• Work and interact with other ministry directors and department directors
• Support and participate in events that generate funds for the ministry
• Follow all budgetary and internal policies and procedures of the CPLC.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred)
• Acceptance of the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church with detailed understanding of the teachings on the life issues
• Ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community and the Church
• Catholic and active membership in a parish in good standing with the Church
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively, project manage and delegate authority to others
• College education
• Skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Reliable transportation
• E-mail and Internet access
• Understanding of and compliance with the Diocese’s Safe Environment Program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All representatives of the Catholic Pro-Life Community may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Name and Title: Patricia Vasquez, Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes