Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of College Guidance
Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Masters Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Bishop Dunne Catholic School: Director of College Guidance
Bishop Dunne Catholic School seeks a Director of College Guidance starting as soon as possible. The director is a member of the guidance team, focusing on the college process. To keep our community safe, Bishop Dunne has a mask mandate for all indoor activities.
Bishop Dunne Catholic School empowers each student to explore, inquire, lead, and serve through a college preparatory education in a joyful community of faith.
Bishop Dunne is the only Catholic diocesan school that enrolls students in grades six through twelve. The Bishop Dunne student body mirrors the diversity of Dallas, with over 75% identifying as students of color, and approximately half the students are Catholic. The Seven-Year Advantage allows us to support students and their families over a longer period of time, so they are well prepared for college.
Nearly 99% of our students will attend college. The majority of the students will stay in Texas. They attend both private and public colleges and universities. In most years, a quarter of the students will go out-of-state, many to highly selective schools. Over 75% of students regularly earn significant financial aid and scholarships. This assistance is an important component of their college decision-making process.
General Duties: Educating students and parents about colleges, the college admissions process, trends, procedures, and testing; advising and supporting students and families as they go through the process; and helping students and families aspire realistically and choose wisely.
The College Guidance Director is responsible for:
• Meeting with juniors and seniors, individually and in groups, to talk about the process and individual college choices;
• Creating a climate of college readiness for all students from 6th grade to 12th grade;
• Organizing college campus visits for freshmen and sophomore classes;
• Working with international students on their immigration process and helping them understand US college admissions, especially aspects unique to them;
• Meeting with all college admissions representatives who visit campus and facilitating meetings between college representatives and students;
• Serving as a liaison with college admissions offices throughout the year and attending informational meetings hosted by colleges and universities;
• Overseeing and organizing College Ready Academy for first generation students and families;
• Pursue and publicize scholarship opportunities for students;
• Assisting in organizing and maintaining the college guidance website;
• Creating the annual Profile of the School;
• Making informational presentations and planning the annual school College Fair, Financial Aid workshops, Application Nights, and Senior Awards Ceremony;
• Organizing parent evenings and parent breakfasts for education on college preparation;
• Preparing an official school recommendation for each senior who requests one, gathering information from parents, teachers, school records, and students themselves;
• Completing all School Reports and mid-year report forms requested by colleges, including evaluations of students; generating and submitting all transcripts related to college admission and scholarships;
• Informing parents through the school newsletter and by updating information on SCOIR, about test dates, local college events, and financial aid;
• Acting as the lead advisor to the senior class as a whole and advising many individual seniors each year, providing academic and personal counseling; acting as senior class leader for faculty meetings;
• Working with the senior class on class events, such as acting as a chaperone at retreat and prom, and attending class meetings for students and/or faculty;
• Keeping track of admission decisions, statistics, and creating reports for Dean of Students, Assistant Principal, and President upon request;
• Working on the quarterly grade reports and sending those to school families;
• Remaining aware of issues and trends in college admission, higher education, testing, as well as keeping up to date about specific colleges and maintaining membership in professional organizations such as the Texas Association of College Admissions Counselors;
• Attending professional development trainings and presentations geared towards enhancing professional growth;
• Maintaining and disseminating information about standardized tests such as SAT, ACT, and TOEFL;
• Organizing AP testing and staffing of exams;
• Offering an ACT/SAT Prep Course that helps students prepare for tests and gives them an understanding of the impact of tests on college admission;
• Gathering information about the school Valedictorian and Salutatorian;
• Working with the communications director to publicize the accomplishments of the senior class through social media;
• Completing all other duties as assigned by supervisor and president.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to furnish a current resume, transcripts and the names/contact information of 3 professional references.
Please email the materials to Ms. Anna Lee Friesen, HR Director (email@example.com).
Bishop Dunne Catholic School provides a competitive benefits plan to eligible employees. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred; possess the credentials to teach; experience in either college admissions or college guidance. Strong technology skills and familiarity with learning management systems; scheduling experience.
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen - Human Resources Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes