Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Parish Business Operations Manager
Hiring Location: Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish - Parish
Address: 7617 Cortland Ave., Dallas, TX 75235 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am- 5:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
General Summary of the Position
The Parish Business Operations Manager is a leadership role in support of the pastor's responsibilities to the parish and/or principal’s responsibilities to the school. This leader is a steward of the Physical, Financial, and Human Resources of the parish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
The parish / school business operations manager either directly performs or is responsible for the supervision / management of personnel and/or volunteers directly performing duties in the following areas:
Functional Areas of Responsibility -
General Operations Management:
• Maintain positive relationships and effective communication between parish / school community, various groups and outside authorities as appropriate
• Attend and present information at pastoral / school staff meetings, committee meetings and Parish / School Finance Council meetings
• Attend diocesan administration meetings representing the parish / school and the pastor / principal. Distribute and disseminate information obtained at these meetings to all parish / school personnel as appropriate
• Consult with and advise pastor and/or principal on business and administrative matters that affect the parish and/or school
• Direct the management of the parish / school office
• Oversee the management of the parish / school records
• Coordinate parish casualty, property, and workers' compensation insurance with the diocesan master insurance program
• Direct or provide input into parish / school stewardship, development, and fundraising initiatives.
• Oversee the management of parish/school information technology.
• Participate in strategic planning and day-to-day execution of strategic goals/objectives.
• Maintain familiarity with all applicable policies and procedures.
Finance and Accounting:
Manages / coordinates work of the Diocesan Shared Accounting Services team performing the following functions for the parish and school:
• Maintain accuracy of all financial files and records, and establish a responsible cash flow management system
• Facilitate the external annual AUP or audit: implement suggested recommendations
• Prepare, administer, and review budget process in collaboration with finance and subject to review and/or approval by Parish / School Finance Council and the Pastor / Principal.
• Act as liaison between the parish / school and the diocese in financial matters
• Maximize cash management resources
• Coordinate and review parish / school-based organizations' funds
• Maintain accurate accounting following generally accepted accounting principles
• Ensure financial accountability and stewardship policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
Act as Human Resources Manager for local site to include but not limited to:
• Establish and maintain performance evaluation process
• Evaluate, hire, train, and coach direct reports
• Administer salary administration program within the budget guidelines of the location as well as administer the benefits programs
• Administer corrective actions as necessary
• In collaboration with the pastor / principal, establish and implement Human Resources policies/procedures
• Establish and conduct employee training for all staff
• Administer all local and applicable Diocesan Human Resources processes
• Train employee base on the utilization of the ExponentHR system
• Work with Diocesan Human Resources department to implement overarching Diocesan programs
Facility and Asset Management:
• Coordinate parish purchasing of supplies
• Responsible for ensuring use of parish facilities by various groups complies with all applicable policies
• Supervise any major construction, improvement or repair
• Solicit and review bids and quotes and negotiate contracts
• Establish and monitor preventative maintenance programs for all properties and vehicles
• Establish emergency procedures for staff
• Maintain security of property (keys, files, valuables, etc.)
• Functions as a resource and supporting team member for all Parish activities and events
• Additional duties as assigned by Pastor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Solid business operational experience
• Solid practical Human Resources experience
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Supervisory and leadership experience
• Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and produce high quality results quickly
• Excellent computer skills: MS Office suite of products; internet applications; QuickBooks Accounting Software
• Good record-keeping skills
• Good facilitation skills
• Collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support
• Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism and persistence
• Ability to present oneself professionally
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to prioritize and to be flexible
• Able to work frequent evenings and/or weekends and work an unpredictable schedule when necessary
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree desired in Business or a closely related field
• 5 – 10 years of business experience, non-profit experience preferred.
• Practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings, required.
• Background Check: This position requires a criminal background check and credit check.
• English proficiency required. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Entity.
The Entity reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No