Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Associate Director, Lay Formation and Family Ministries
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Lay Formation and Family Ministries - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
In accordance with official Church teaching and the mission of the bishop and the Lay Formation and Family Ministries Office, the Associate Director oversees family life ministries by offering a variety of formation programs, coaching, events, services and resources designed to promote and support the Catholic vision of family life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Engages parishes/deaneries in the formation and implementation of Catholic family life ministry processes.
• Consults with clergy and parish lay leaders to develop family life ministry models that can be used in parishes to support healthy and holy family life in the Catholic Tradition.
• Supports parishes in recruiting, educating and training parish family life ministry leaders to continue or implement a chosen family life ministry process.
• Provides ongoing accompaniment to parish family life ministry leaders to build their capacity, capabilities and faithfulness.
• Serves as a resource for parishes, organizations, and the general public on family life in the Catholic Church.
• Generates consideration, understanding, acceptance, and usage of the family lens in all diocesan initiatives and programs.
• Designs, and revises existing and new workshops, serves as workshop facilitator, provides for set-up and materials as needed for family life ministry.
• Identifies the most impactful and efficient alternatives to engage parish and movement leaders (Deanery meetings, conferences, traditional & social media).
• Designs and creates promotional materials including, but, not limited to: flyers, brochures and website/social media and media releases (researching, adapting, and updating as needed).
• Collaborates and develops, with Lay Formation and Family Ministries staff, ministry to the divorced, separated and widowed.
• Collaborates with the Office of Catholic Social Ministry on all training, programming coaching for families experiencing grief or loss.
• Prepares and gets approval for annual diocesan Family Life programs and services calendar.
• Assesses and reports the impact and results of all programs and initiatives.
• Attend local and national meetings/conferences
• Provide department administrative support as needed
• Attends departmental meetings, maintains records and reports as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with knowledge of the contemporary Catholic understanding of
marriage and family life as articulated in Vatican II and subsequent papal and episcopal documents.
• Knowledge and understanding of Sacramental theology, especially Marriage and family life.
• Knowledge and understanding of trauma informed approach to pastoral care of families.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and Spanish (preferred).
• Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and organizational skills.
• Engages a “learner” mindset in interpersonal and conflict situations.
• Familiarity with principles of adult learning.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities; flexibility in handling a variety of projects and heavy workload.
• Strong sense of confidentiality.
• Self-motivated and self-starter, requiring minimal day to day direction.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when required.
• Periodic travel within the Diocese is required; must be licensed, able to drive and provide own
• Facility in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Publisher, Access, Excel, & PowerPoint.
• Facility with or ability to learn web-based resource curating and social media-based communication.
• Working knowledge of the Diocese of Dallas structure.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology or related field.
• Minimum of three years of experience in parish ministry, diocesan or social services field; experience
with parish marriage/family ministry helpful.
• Bilingual preferred.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Kevin Prevou, Director, Lay Formation and Family Ministries
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes