Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Parish Catechetical Coordinator
Hiring Location: St. Cecilia Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 1809 W. Davis St., Dallas, TX 75208 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
• Responsible for the assessment of needs, setting of goals and priorities, and periodic evaluations of all Parish religious education programs and Sacraments of First Eucharist, Reconciliation and Confirmation as well as RCIA.
• Develops a workable curriculum and selects texts and materials for religious education.
• Leads and develops leadership skills among the volunteers to create and administer the religious education programs.
• Responsible for the recruitment, selection and training of Catechists and other volunteer staff working within the Religious Education program
• Plans, directs, and executes the celebrations of the Sacraments of First Eucharist, Reconciliation and Confirmation
• Develops and submits to the Business manager a budget for the Religious Education Department
• Prepares and submits annual departmental reports to Pastor and Diocesan administrators.
• Attends and participates in parish staff meetings.
• Attends Diocesan workshops, seminars and meetings related to religious education.
• Ensures that volunteers have done the appropriate Safe Environment procedures
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by the Pastor.
• Ensures that the PRED is entered into the Parish Data System or PDS.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College Graduate, preferred
• On-Going certification in Pastoral Ministry or equivalent certification programs, preferred
• A minimum of two years of Catholic parish ministerial experience or equivalent experience preferred
• Be a qualified catechetical leader or in the process of qualifying as per National Directory for Catechesis, preferred
Name and Title: Leo Diaz, Business Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes