Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Coordinator of Childrens Sacramental Preparation
Hiring Location: Holy Family of Nazareth Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 2330 Cheyenne St, Irving, TX 75062 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Sunday - Thursday
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
The Faith Formation mission is to develop processes and programs that assist in creating disciples of Jesus Christ who exhibit a deep relationship with Christ and solid understanding of the Catholic Faith, ready to take their place in the community as examples of how to integrate faith into their everyday lives.
Under the Pastor, the Coordinator of Children's Sacramental Preparation oversees the catechetical efforts for the parish children (Pre-K through 6th Grade) particularly the preparation of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist.
• Under the guidance of the Pastor, the CCSP Plans, implements and evaluates catechetical programs for children in this department
• Supervises the duties of the Administrative Assistant.
• Collaborates with pastor, other parish ministers, staff, and appropriate committees to ensure the smooth running of faith formation processes and programs within the parish.
• Implement Diocesan and parish policies.
• Attend to your own spiritual, professional and personal development.
Special Evangelical Events Management
• Heads Vacation Bible School (VBS) in collaboration with the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
- Discerns the theme
- Creates and trains the working team of volunteers
- Plans, Implements and evaluates the program
• Participates in on-going research of all appropriate catechetical models that address the catechetical needs of the children.
• Integrates the principal tasks of catechesis into a total parish catechetical program (Faith Formation and Sacramental Catechesis) with its primary focus on the children:
o Developing a relationship with Jesus Christ
o Creating disciples through the knowledge of our Christian Catholic faith
o Instilling a love and understanding of the liturgy
o Preparing young disciples to be active engaged members of the faith community
• Regularly attends Diocesan sponsored catechetical meetings, events and on-going formation programs.
Forming a Core-Team (Team of Catechists)
• Responsible for the evangelization, formation, ongoing development, and evaluation of catechists and other program volunteers.
o discern and call forth their gifts and talents
o train and supervise
• Teaches catechists who then can motivate and train others to teach.
• Develops and implements catechist’s certification processes in accordance with Diocesan policy and procedures including all Safe Environment mandates.
• Facilitates the development of a faith community among catechists.
• Creates appropriate evaluation procedures and tools for evaluating programs and personnel.
Administration and Budget Management
• Coordinates with the parish business manager appropriate policies and procedures required for effective faith formation processes.
• Ensures that all necessary administrative functions and tasks related to the proper operation of the Children’s Faith Formation and Sacramental preparation processes are established and functioning effectively.
• Identifies problems and manages conflicts through planning, organization, and time management; establishes appropriate priorities and responsibilities for support staff and volunteers.
• Monitors and tracks all budgetary items related to catechetical processes and programs.
• In coordination with the Pastor, researches, drafts, and presents the annual catechetical budget.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• College Graduate
• On-Going certification in Pastoral Ministry or equivalent certification programs
• A minimum of two years of Catholic parish ministerial experience or equivalent experience.
• Be a qualified catechetical leader or in the process of qualifying as per National Directory for Catechesis, or certified through the Diocesan Center for Catholic Studies, or working toward a degree or certification.
• Regularly practicing and confirmed Catholic in good standing.
• Possesses good leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to think strategically and to organize and prioritize tasks which support the parish mission, vision, and objectives.
• Possesses a pastoral instinct and presence.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other staff members, volunteers, and external contacts.
Approved - No