Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: University Catholic Center at UT-Dallas - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 2105 Waterview Pkwy, Richardson, TX 75080 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm; weekends as needed
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Administrative Assistant is the welcoming face of the University Catholic Center, and provides administrative, clerical, and technical support to the Ministry Director/ Chaplain and the Campus Ministers so as to ensure warm hospitality and operational excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Assists the Ministry Director/Chaplain and campus ministers with mail, phone calls, correspondence, files, calendar, etc as requested.
• Collaborates with the Ministry Director/Chaplain in the management of the UCC financials including budgets, check requests, deposits, financial reconciliation, expense reimbursements and other related financial duties.
• Maintains, manages, and coordinates the purchasing of all supplies for the ministry.
• Proficient with Microsoft office, Google platforms and willing to learn the campus ministry database program.
• Familiarity with social media outlets and content management systems.
• Creates reports, spreadsheets, letters, etc., as needed.
• Maintains and keeps current the UCC activity/facility calendar and database.
• Supports and directs set up, clean up, and lock up of facilities as needed.
• Fosters an atmosphere of welcome, openness and trust so that every student knows they are an important member of the community and loved by God.
• Attends and engages with students at campus ministry initiatives as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Practicing Catholic actively participating in the faith.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and remain organized.
• Detail oriented.
• Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point as well as Google platforms. Experience w/ Social Media platforms a plus.
• Able to collaborate with a variety of audiences, i.e. staff, students, University administration, clergy, neighboring parishes.
• Strong administrative skills.
• Knowledge of the Catholic faith, Tradition, and practice.
• Model’s servant leadership, discipleship, and hospitality.
• Maintains confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma, or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ administrative assistant experience
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
• Requires storing, transporting, and setting up all liturgically required items for respective liturgies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas.
The Diocese of Dallas reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Erika Hernandez, Talent Acquisition Specialist
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes