Job Opportunity Details
Director of Parish Life
Hiring Location: St. Mark the Evangelist - Parish
Address: 1105 W. 15th Street, Plano, TX 75075 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm, Friday 9:00am-12:00pm, some evenings and weekends
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Associates Degree (Preferred)/ HS Diploma + 3+ yrs experience
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The Parish Life Ministry Director, under the direction of the Senior Director of Faith Formation, is responsible for the direction and coordination of all ministries under the office of Parish Life for St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church. These include ministries which celebrate, support, serve and empower the diversity of families within the parish. This position supervises the office of Parish Life which serve in the following ministries: Baptisms, Funerals, Marriages, Annulments, Grief Ministry, etc. (this is not an all-inclusive list). Parish experience in the area of baptism and baptismal preparation, marriage ministry and preparation, funerals, and annulments preferred.
This is a full time 40-hour position that is exempt and therefore requires the individual to ensure the completion of their respective duties within a timely manner according to the parish’s changing needs. The position may require substantial weekend availability. The purpose of this role is to ensure the parish vision, under the guidance of the Senior Director of Faith Formation, is observed and implemented in every facet of the Parish Life office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Plan and facilitate weekly or bi-weekly department meetings to ensure that all projects are accounted for and any of their respective needs are addressed.
• Ensure the creation and implementation of a yearly schedule including all projects and ministries.
• Maintain the Parish Life webpages for baptism, marriage, funeral, and annulment ministries, updating as needed and maintaining up-to-date forms, payments, and links.
• Monitors department personnel to ensure through timesheets and ExponentHR and ensure that they are meeting the adequate number of hours for each pay period and that PTO hours and time off are accounted for.
• Supervise and oversee personnel within the office of Parish Life to ensure completion of tasks and implementation of programs.
• Coordinates with the Senior Director of Faith Formation to ensure that the mission of the parish is projected through the Parish Life Office.
• Conduct yearly evaluations for all Parish Life staff and collaborate to create yearly goals and assess suitability and progress, including short range and long range planning.
• Co-create and assess yearly budget for Parish Life to reflect the needs of the office as well as the parish at large.
• Monitor and approve staff spending according to planned budget.
• Support volunteer leadership in specific areas of Parish Life office (i.e., Compassion ministry, Faith and Grief monthly gatherings, etc.
• Establish goals and objectives for the office of Parish Life and work collaboratively with parish staff to help promote programs, ministries and resources that edify the formation of families within the parish.
• Facilitate or coordinate ongoing formation for staff in respective fields.
• Attend mandatory meetings (i.e. staff and director meetings)
• To pursue continuing education in the field of family ministry, including marriage ministry and preparation, grief ministry, through the Diocesan offices and /or national conferences.
• To work collaboratively with Diocesan efforts of parish life.
• Responsible for other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by the Senior Director of Faith Formation or Pastor.
• 3-5 years of related ministry experience in area of Parish Life or ministry related to marriage ministry and preparation, funerals, annulments, and baptism preparation
• Dependability, flexibility, team player mentality, and a willingness to be contacted should needs arise outside of scheduled working hours.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, and PDS (Parish Data System, preferred)
• Knowledge of sacramental preparation and programming.
• Ability to handle workload and deadlines with flexibility and adaptability to the specific needs of the office and the needs of parishioners.
• Practicing Catholic living in accordance to Church teaching
• Experience working with families and couples.
• Communication skills – (returning calls and email responses in a timely manner)
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) Oral and Written Proficiency
Name and Title: Debbie Betz, Senior Director of Faith Formation and Parish Life
Phone: 972-423-5600, ext. 232
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes