Hiring Location: Bishop Lynch High School - Catholic School
Address: 9750 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
The Executive Assistant to the Principal is committed to the ministry of Catholic education and maintains sole accountability for executive assistance, clerical support, and administrative management for the Principal. The Executive Assistant to the Principal must be organized, have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and shows initiative in assisting the Principal in achieving their goals. The Executive Assistant to the Principal must maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
• Execute Principal’s calendar coordination – meeting planning, prioritize, set and track appointments.
• Answer and document all inbound calls and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Monitor visitors, problem solve, assist where possible, provide information for those referred to the Principal.
• Write and edit correspondence for the Principal to include word processing/typing of letters, memos, forms, policies and procedures (includes handling of confidential information).
• Prepare presentations and related notes, including handouts when appropriate, as directed.
• Prepare and distribute the agenda, minutes, and materials for administrative and faculty meetings.
• Manage purchasing card receipts for the Principal and assistant principal’s.
• Manage scheduling for and provide coverage as necessary for receptionist.
• Perform special projects as assigned by the Principal.
• Maintain Administration files, with attention to file retention, archiving outdated files.
• Develop and implement systems which support easy access to administrative files, in particular those of the Principal.
• Communicate with parents and other family members and volunteers when there is a perceived problem, concern or question. Make an attempt to resolve issues before they require an intervention by the Principal. Always keep the Principal and others, as appropriate, informed of concerns that may become serious issues.
• Refer parents and others to Department Directors whenever possible. Keep the Principal informed about the situation and what action is being taken.
• Practicing Catholic preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with 5+ years’ relevant experience.
• Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
• A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy; the ability to handle tasks with grace is a must.
• Interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels. Excellent verbal and writing skills a must.
• Continuous attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Must be able to discern among competing priorities.
Name and Title: Jennifer Adamcik, Director of Finance & HR
How to submit resume: Email