Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Parish/School Business Operations Manager
Hiring Location: Parish / School - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Parish / School Business Operations Manager is a leadership role in support of the pastor's responsibilities to the parish and/or principal’s responsibilities to the school. This leader is a steward of the physical, financial, and Human Resources of the parish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
The parish / school business operations manager either directly performs or is responsible for the supervision / management of personnel and/or volunteers directly performing duties in the following areas:
Functional Areas of Responsibility -
General Operations Management:
• Maintain positive relationships and effective communication between parish / school community, various groups and outside authorities as appropriate
• Attend and present information at pastoral / school staff meetings, committee meetings and Parish / School Finance Council meetings
• Attend diocesan administration meetings representing the parish / school and the pastor / principal. Distribute and disseminate information obtained at these meetings to all parish / school personnel as appropriate
• Consult with and advise pastor and/or principal on business and administrative matters that affect the parish and/or school
• Direct the management of the parish / school office
• Oversee the management of the parish / school records
• Coordinate parish casualty, property, and workers' compensation insurance with the diocesan master insurance program
• Direct or provide input into parish / school stewardship, development, and fundraising initiatives.
• Oversee the management of parish/school information technology.
• Participate in strategic planning and day-to-day execution of strategic goals/objectives.
• Maintain familiarity with all applicable policies and procedures.
Finance and Accounting:
• Maintain accuracy of all financial files and records, and establish a responsible cash flow management system
• Facilitate the external annual AUP or audit: implement suggested recommendations
• Prepare, administer, and review budget process in collaboration with finance and subject to review and/or approval by Parish / School Finance Council and the Pastor / Principal.
• Act as liaison between the parish / school and the diocese in financial matters
• Maximize cash management resources
• Coordinate and review parish / school-based organizations' funds
• Maintain accurate accounting following generally accepted accounting principles
• Ensure financial accountability and stewardship policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
Act as Human Resources Manager for local site to include but not limited to:
• Establish and maintain performance evaluation process
• Evaluate, hire, train, and coach direct reports
• Administer salary administration program within the budget guidelines of the location as well as administer the benefits programs
• Administer corrective actions as necessary
• In collaboration with the pastor / principal, establish and implement Human Resources policies/procedures
• Establish and conduct employee training for all staff
• Administer all local and some Diocesan Human Resources processes
• Train employee base on the utilization of the ExponentHR system
• Work with Diocesan Human Resources department to implement overarching Diocesan programs
Facility and Asset Management:
• Coordinate parish purchasing of supplies
• Responsible for ensuring use of parish facilities by various groups complies with all applicable policies
• Supervise any major construction, improvement or repair
• Solicit and review bids and quotes and negotiate contracts
• Establish and monitor preventative maintenance programs for all properties and vehicles
• Establish emergency procedures for staff
• Maintain security of property (keys, files, valuables, etc.)
• Functions as a resource and supporting team member for all Parish/School activities and events
• Additional duties as assigned by Pastor / Principal
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Solid business operational experience
• Solid practical Human Resources experience
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Supervisory and leadership experience
• Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and produce high quality results quickly
• Excellent computer skills: MS Office suite of products; internet applications; QuickBooks Accounting Software
• Good record-keeping skills
• Good facilitation skills
• Collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support
• Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism and persistence
• Ability to present oneself professionally
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to prioritize and to be flexible
• Able to work frequent evenings and/or weekends and work an unpredictable schedule when necessary
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree desired in Business or a closely related field
• 5 – 10 years of business experience, non-profit experience preferred.
Background Check: This position requires a criminal background check and credit check.
Language requirements: English proficiency required. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, HR Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes