Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: St. Joseph Catholic Church & School - Parish
Address: 600 S Jupiter Road, Richardson, TX 75081 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Flexible, but 5 days per week to include either Saturday or Sunday
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
St. Joseph Catholic Church is looking for a hard-working, solution-oriented, proactive individual to serve as the Facilities Manager. The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the physical environment of all buildings, grounds, and equipment in support of Clergy, Educators, Parishioners, and Staff. This includes both repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure the parish and school facilities are in the best possible condition.
The ideal candidate has a servant’s heart, takes their Catholic faith and discipleship seriously and is highly capable of performing facilities and maintenance work. This role will require a firm understanding of our Church’s vision and values. The Facilities Manager regularly interacts with parishioners and must do so with courtesy, grace and tact.
The ideal candidate knows how to manage a budget and is able to build productive relationships with vendors, contractors, and volunteers. He or she has business sense and is able to read/review and help negotiate agreements and contracts. The ideal candidate can perform key tasks independently in a timely manner and enjoys working in a team environment. He or she is extremely organized and good at managing multiple projects with vendors, staff and volunteers. In addition, the ideal candidate is great at troubleshooting, researching, investigating, and solving problems.
This position will require a non-traditional work schedule. In conjunction with the Maintenance Technician, the Facilities Manager will ensure full weekend coverage by generally working five days including either Saturday or Sunday (with the Maintenance Technician working the other). If you are not willing/able to work during these time frames, please do not apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that St. Joseph Catholic Church’s sacred spaces (Sanctuary, Chapel, devotional areas, etc.) as well as school facilities provide a holy, prayerful, peaceful, inviting, well-maintained and safe environment for priests, religious, educators, parishioners, students, staff and visitors.
• Manages contract custodial group to maintain all educational, social, and workspaces, ensuring all are clean and in good repair.
• Maintains landscaping and parking areas throughout entire parish campus. Major landscaping is performed under contract.
• Performs a wide range of duties in support of events and activities, including ensuring setup of chairs, tables, stages, decorations, or equipment as specified by St. Joseph staff, without compromising safety standards or fire codes.
• Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, security, safety, lighting, audio, energy management, plumbing, and irrigation systems to ensure optimum performance and reliability, with particular emphasis on managing the HVAC control software.
• Ensures all vehicles receive regular scheduled maintenance and remain in good repair.
• Supervises and monitors the hiring and dismissal of contractors, as well as ensures that all work is completed on schedule and to specifications.
• In particular and as mentioned above, St. Joseph contracts for custodial and landscaping services. Managing this vendor is a critical component of the position.
• Works with Director of Business Operations and Pastor to determine renovation/repair projects to be undertaken.
• Solicits bids, plans, coordinates, implements, and inspects facility upgrades and renovations.
• Ensures that the renovations are safe and meet all construction specifications and codes.
• Works closely with engineers, architects, and others who are involved in the construction/maintenance process.
• Approves payment for contractors, reviewing and submitting change orders to the Director of Business Operations, if necessary.
• Plans, installs and/or implements new or upgraded systems (or supervises installation if external expertise is required).
• Supervises and directs Facilities Technician.
• Manages custodial and landscaping vendor. In particular, ensures that Scope of Work is being met and day porter coverage is adequate.
• Hires department personnel with the approval of the Director of Business Operations.
• Writes performance reviews and takes corrective action if needed.
• Orders equipment, supplies, and oversees inventory control of facilities-related items.
• Consults with Director of Business Operations to ensure operational compliance with the Dallas Catholic Diocese risk management handbook and OSHA regulations.
• Creates and manages the budget for the facilities department, including funds needed for repairs, maintenance, upgrades, and new construction.
• Approve payment for contractors prior to submission to Director of Business Operations.
• Participates in the design process of all facilities projects.
• Other duties/projects as assigned by the Director of Business Operations and Pastor.
REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
The Facilities Manager reports directly to the Director of Business Operations. The Facilities Manager must work as an integral member of the St. Joseph staff by coordinating and sharing information and resources with both administrative and maintenance staff as needed to accomplish the objectives that have been identified above. Supervises Maintenance Technician and manages custodial/landscaping vendor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Facilities Manager must:
• Be a Catholic in good standing.
• Have ability to fix/repair and maintain equipment, systems, etc., throughout the campus.
• Be able to work effectively with contractors and others to maintain the facility.
• Possess a servant-leadership mindset and understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Joseph.
• Be able to easily interact with and relate to a wide assortment of personality types, utilizing excellent interpersonal skills to work well in a team environment.
• Maintain a positive, upbeat, self-starting, solutions-centered, customer-focused, can-do attitude.
• Possess ability to manage multiple projects and establish work priorities.
• Have excellent time management, communication, organization and leadership skills.
• Adapt to change quickly and be a very flexible team player.
• Have strong negotiating skills.
• Have experience managing a budget.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• At least five years of hands-on facilities and/or maintenance experience for a large, commercial (non-residential) campus
• Minimum of three years supervisory experience
• Should have either engineering or facilities mechanic background
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred
• Associates degree in related field
• This position is a salaried, exempt position requiring frequent evening and weekend work, including working either Saturday or Sunday as part of the regular work schedule.
• Work in a church and school environment with multiple locations.
• May include periods of sitting, typing and reading from the computer screen.
• May require lifting of up to 50 lbs., bending, stooping, and climbing.
• Requires walking/inspecting the entire facility (multiple buildings) each week.
• May involve travel to vendor/contractor locations or off-site events.
Name and Title: Brian Muth, Director of Business Operations
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes