Job Opportunity Details
Project Gabriel Director (Bilingual)
Hiring Location: Catholic Pro-Life Community - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 17177 Preston Road Suite 310, Dallas, TX 75248 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This bilingual (English/Spanish) individual leads the team of both Project Gabriel employees and volunteers in critical efforts to mentor and support women facing an unexpected pregnancy. The Project Gabriel Director works with the Parish Engagement Team to increase referrals of mothers, fathers, and volunteer Angel mentors. With the PG team, the director will focus and expand training for moms through the Gabriel Education Ministry and Support (GEMS) program and develop programs for fathers and for volunteer Angel mentors.
The director supervises the activities of the Gabriel Angel Coordinator, Project Gabriel Resource Coordinator, and the GEMS Coordinator and indirectly, the Gabriel Angel and Coach volunteers who befriend and mentor mothers and fathers facing an unexpected, stressful, or at-risk pregnancy as well as those registered in the educational program. This position is a full-time, 40-hour a week position that includes some evenings and Saturdays throughout the year.
• Administration of the Project Gabriel Ministry such as hiring team members, advising, and assisting the Project Gabriel staff and volunteers, creating awareness and building relationships among different agencies and organizations.
• Compile, report, and track ministry updates; create and submit a ministry budget (monitor, and authorize expenditures throughout the year), and consistently work to expand the ministry.
• Schedule and conduct Gabriel Angel Trainings (English and Spanish) as well as “Grow in Gabriel,” the ongoing education talks for current Gabriel Angels.
• Team with GEMS Coordinator and Project Gabriel Assistant to expand the educational program and approve scholarship awards. This will include the development of a GEMS program for fathers.
• Work and interact with other ministry directors, department directors and Parish Engagement team to recruit volunteers and moms in need
• Follow all budgetary procedures and work with team to identify grant needs.
The previous statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being
performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All representatives of the Catholic Pro-Life Community may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
• Passion for Protection of Life. A heartfelt desire to join a community of love and dedication to
the most important cause – Life. The Catholic Pro-Life Community doesn’t just do pro-life work
as some hobby to be squeezed in when we have time, but as the very heart and soul of our
quest for justice in this world.
• Teachable and Adaptable. Willing to learn and work cooperatively with team members and
community pro-life partners to provide superior care, education, and resources to moms in
need. Ability to work effectively with individuals (volunteers, team members and clients) at all
levels of the organization and community.
• Developmental Creativity. Possess an intuitive sense to create and develop new programs for
use by Project Gabriel, its staff and volunteers. These programs would be designed to
implement projects for mothers, fathers and volunteers involved in Project Gabriel’s programs,
and to encourage signups for program clients and mentors.
• A Proven Leader. Ability to motivate and lead staff and volunteers to achieve the desired
ministry goals. This requires a continuity of direction that begins with planning and defining key
approaches, providing hands-on demonstration and knowledge transfer, and learning and
optimizing based on actual performance.
• Foundational Experience. Demonstrated ability to achieve designated goals through individual
contribution and team-oriented solutions. Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience working
with clients is essential. Solid experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) is
All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time,
talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the
results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our
supporters. This is manifested through active membership in a parish/faith community in
good standing with the Church, acceptance of the magisterial teachings of the Catholic
Church with detailed understanding of the teachings on the life issues and compliance with
the Diocese’s Safe Environment Program.
Name and Title: Geralyn Kaminsky, Executive Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes