Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Office of Construction & Real Estate - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
This position performs advanced administrative functions and keeps complex records. Decisions are made independently (within the scope of the job) and contain frequent new and varied work situations. Contacts frequently involve confidential/sensitive matters necessitating discretion.
This position is non-exempt.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Assists the Director, Construction & Management in managing daily operations of the office including, but not limited to, phone, clerical, correspondence, mail, and record keeping
• Maintains accurate and complete files for the department
• Schedules appointments and prepares for meetings, conferences, and travel.
• Requisitions departmental supplies and ensures equipment is operational
• Handles varied administrative projects and procedures within the department
• Handles and is responsible for confidential records and information within the department
• Screens and routes phone calls, greets visitors, answers questions, and resolves problems within the scope of authority and responsibility
• Composes and types own correspondence on matters not requiring personal response from supervisor
• Maintains confidentiality
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to work within established guidelines of authority
• Must be able to make decisions quickly within area of expertise
• Extensive experience in a professional office environment
• Proven ability to organize files, events and materials in a successful manner
• Proven ability to communicate successfully in verbal and written form
• Excellent capabilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
• Ability to learn new software programs as needed
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
• Must have a very professional demeanor and appearance and strong interpersonal skills
• Accurate typing and/or word processing at 60-80 words per minute
• Positive, practical attitude with balanced initiative
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required; 2 years college preferred
• Three years minimum administrative experience required
• Some experience with a non-profit organization preferred
• Must be available to work 9AM to 5PM five days a week, with occasional overtime
• Practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings, preferred
Approved - No