Job Opportunity Details
Principal for 2024-2025
Hiring Location: St. Mary of Carmel Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 1716 Singleton Blvd., Dallas, TX 75212 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Based on Business Needs
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Masters Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
St. Mary of Carmel Catholic School (SMC), a PK3-8 elementary school located just west of downtown, Dallas, Texas, announces its search for an experienced, energetic and innovative leader to serve as its next principal. The position is effective as of July 1, 2024. A full position profile will be available in the coming weeks. Below is a brief overview of the school. The historic Catholic community of St. Mary of Carmel in Dallas dates to 1937 and St. Mary of Carmel School was established and opened in 1944. SMC is a fully accredited diocesan school with 165 current students and a faculty and staff of 16. It has served a vital role in the lives and families of its current and former students, in a historically underserved, and now rapidly re-developing, West Dallas for 79 years. SMC’s mission is to provide a quality Catholic education in a safe and nurturing environment, preparing its students for high school and college. SMC graduates attend some of Dallas’ finest public and private high schools and have gone forward to attend colleges and universities such as Harvard, Duke, University of Texas, University of North Texas, and University of Notre Dame.
The ideal candidate to lead St. Mary of Carmel School forward will possess the following:
* Five or more years of leadership experience as a principal and/or assistant principal (Catholic school leadership and experience preferred).
* An advanced degree in Educational Administration/Leadership or Principal Certification (may be in-progress)
* A demonstrated record and experience growing school enrollment with desired experience developing or redeveloping a school campus.
* Bilingual proficiency a major plus.
* Demonstrated experience developing new curriculum, expanding academic and co-curricular programs and partnering with non-profit and for-profit entities.
* This candidate will be a practicing Catholic.
Applications are now being accepted for this position and interested candidates should send a letter of interest, résumé, a statement of educational philosophy, and a list of five (5) references with contact information to The Education Group at either address below. For further information about the position and application procedures, please contact the School’s search consultants.
Karen A. Drawz, Search Consultant
The Education Group
Allison Lorimer, Search Consultant
The Education Group
Name and Title: Karen A. Drawz, Search Consultan
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes