Hiring Location: Bishop Lynch High School - Catholic School
Address: 9750 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 5 pm to 10 pm
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Environmental Housekeeping cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of school they are assigned to. May assist in special event set up’s and the associated maintenance needs. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Management may identify other responsibilities of the position.
• Cleans offices, rooms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
• Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
• Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and school standards.
• Empties trash and garbage containers.
• Replenishes supplies.
• May shampoo and cleans carpets or buff and polish floors which will require the use of mechanical equipment.
• Perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
• Ability to drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
• Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
• Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
• Complies with all School/ Diocese safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• Set up and tear down of school events as needed.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, school administration and faculty.
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team.
• Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
• Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Must be punctual and show up for scheduled shift on time.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Must comply with any dress code / uniform requirements.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
• Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
• Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
Name and Title: McKay Braithwaite, Director of Facilities
How to submit resume: Email