Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Dr, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 15 hours per week - Days TBD
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Maintenance Worker: Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout the school.
5 or more years of maintenance experience preferred
Valid Texas commercial driver’s license
• Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
• Ability to operate hand and power tools
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbally)
• Ability to work independently and with a group
• Assist skilled workers with repair and maintenance of school facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass
• Inspect building exterior and interior, and grounds; perform maintenance and minor repairs
• Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment
• Complete repairs as requested on work orders or by supervisor
• Assist with relocation of furnishings, such as desks, tables, chairs, file cabinets, etc.
• Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture as needed
• Hang pictures, mirrors, black boards, bulletin boards, projection screens, towel dispensers, soap dispensers, and other items as required
• Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
• Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance
• Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures
• Help keep shop, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition
• Work irregular hours as needed
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Continual walking standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and around moving objects and/or vehicles. Exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals (herbicides and fertilizer) and loud noises.
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Qualified candidates, please send a resume to Anna Lee Friesen, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bishop Dunne Catholic School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bishop Dunne Catholic School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen / Human Resources
How to submit resume: Email