Hiring Location: Catholic Charities of Dallas - Catholic Charities
Address: 9461 LBJ Freeway (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Masters Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
JOB SUMMARY The Brady Senior Center is multicultural, multi-lingual center for seniors 60+, open Monday-Friday. In addition to offering a congregate meal lunch program every day, the center provides onsite case management, fitness, as well a diverse array of activities including health and wellness programs, parties, trips, arts and crafts, musical entertainment, recreation, and educational seminars.
The Program Manager is responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the programs. Supervise, train, and coach staff. Monitors state/federal contract and other regulatory compliance. Address personnel and client complaints, resolve problems and ensure continual program improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (85%)
• Works with Director to establish policies and procedures for efficient and effective service delivery.
• Determines policies and define scope of services to be rendered within regulations of state/federal cooperative agreements, funding contracts and Council on Accreditation (COA) requirements.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with other service agencies and organizations in the community to strengthen service delivery to clients; represents Catholic Charities of Dallas at community coalitions, networks, conferences and events.
• Oversees nutritional and Health & Wellness programming for the center.
• Conducts weekly outreach activities in the community.
• Prepares budget and manages, tracks and coordinates expenses.
• Oversees case management activities.
• Supervises the senior center staff.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, public administration or related human services field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience working with seniors is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience with multicultural populations.
• Five plus years demonstrated supervisory experience is preferred.
• Five plus years demonstrated programmatic experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Experience with community organizations and outreach.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Adherence to applicable professional and agency Codes of Ethics. Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and produce high quality results quickly.
• Computer literate and experience with MS Office suite of products; client database applications; internet applications.
• Collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support.
• Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism and persistence.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (background check, driving record, language, physical)
Background Check: This position requires a criminal background check,
Driving Record: N/A
Language requirements: Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Name and Title: Brenda Huffman
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email