Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Director of Communications
Hiring Location: Catholic Campus Ministry at SMU - Campus Ministry
Address: 3057 University Boulevard, Dallas, TX TX 75205 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Sunday - Thursday (hours vary)
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Catholic Campus Ministry at Southern Methodist University, a year-round ministry of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas, seeks a full-time Director of Communications who fulfills the Catholic mission of Catholic Campus Ministry by managing and promoting the ministry’s marketing and communications initiatives. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position also includes assisting at Sunday Masses (more information below).
• Ability to work non-standard hours which will include weekends and some holidays
• Participates in regular staff meetings to plan ministry goals and strategies.
• Occasional participation at student events for capturing photo/video (and coordinating event photography and documentation with staff, students, and volunteers)
• Manages the Marketing budget.
• Manages and maintains the communication channels below:
* Social Media (Facebook & Instagram
* Brand Collateral
* Spring and Fall Newsletters
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field required
• One to three years’ professional experience relevant to marketing, communication, ministry, event
planning, project management, and/or social media required
• One to three years’ experience in Catholic young adult ministry and/or Catholic campus ministry
• Familiarity with design software such as Photoshop and InDesign required
• Familiarity with Illustrator and Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro preferred
• Familiarity with social media outlets and content management systems required
• Web design skills preferred
• Must be an active, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
• Adherence to the social, ethical, and moral disciplines, norms, and teachings of the Roman Catholic
Church in both professional and personal conduct required
• Ability to manage planning timelines and publication deadlines
Approved - Yes