Job Opportunity Details
Director of Information Security / IT Operations
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Business Office / IT - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
The Director of Information Security / IT Operations is responsible for leading the IT Department in providing efficient and effective technology network(s) that meet communication and information needs for Diocese of Dallas, including its Pastoral Center, Parishes, Catholic Schools and other entities (seminaries, St. Joseph’s Residence). The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Manage daily operations and staff of the IT Department, equipment and contractors.
• Provide consultative support to Parishes, Catholic Schools and other Diocesan entities with regards to network, hardware, software, technical project and technical support issues.
• Design and manage the cybersecurity framework for the Diocese of Dallas.
• Prepare and manage IT services budget.
• Manage the design, installation, upgrade, and configuration of all aspects of network/workstation hardware, peripherals, and software (including security patches).
• Manage bandwidth, switches, routers, firewalls, antivirus/antispyware, WAN and remote access.
• Research new and innovative technological resources, advising management and preparing RFP’s.
• Negotiate and manage contracts for technology vendors.
• Write, implement, and monitor IT policies and procedures.
• Oversee the email services used in the Diocese of Dallas.
• Manage users, directory structures, access rights, security, access to network, hardware, software, and technical support and training.
• Purchase and procurement of business systems.
• Act as project manager for diocesan special technology projects.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of cybersecurity and the tools / internal controls needed to prevent threats.
• Knowledge of network architecture, data security, topology, current technology solutions in hardware and software.
• Ability to evaluate and manage vendors.
• Knowledge of SharePoint Server/SQL Server.
• Knowledge of Data Center Design and operation.
• Knowledge of IT Project Management.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Client and Server operating systems, including Active Directory.
• Ability to work with VMware vSphere/ESX,
• Ability to work with TCP/IP Networking.
• Knowledge of enterprise email and phone systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and isolate/diagnose complex hardware and software problems and ensuring resolution in a timely manner (including the ability to troubleshoot remotely).
• Ability to set IT vision, strategy, architecture, plans and direction.
• Ability to successfully build collaborative relationships with customer, executives and key business partners (staff, clergy, religious and laity) throughout the Diocese of Dallas.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field of study from an accredited American college or university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• Five (5) years of management experience in the IT field.
• English (proficient in conversing, reading, and writing); Fluency in Spanish a plus.
• Ability to work flexible hours; must be available / be on call as emergency needs arise
• Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing preferable.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas.
The Diocese of Dallas reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, HR Business Partner / Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes