Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: St. Mary's Catholic Parish Sherman - Parish
Address: 727 S. Travis St., Sherman, TX 75090 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 40 hrs. Sunday- Thursday
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
Manage and oversee all creation and implementation of external and internal communications of St. Mary's Catholic Parish in Sherman Texas and St. Francis of Assisi in Whitesboro Texas. The Job includes but is not limited to maintaining consistent branding and design for materials in print / digital formats, as well as all social media accounts., routine editing and monitoring of all parish websites, and social media. The individual must be able to communicate in English and Spanish in written and spoken form .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
• Manage the content creation in both English and Spanish for parish-wide publications including the Bulletin, Social Media, Website, Newsletter and Digital Displays.
• Collaborate with Parish Clergy, Staff, and Ministry Leaders to create compelling content and effective marketing plans.
• Act as branding person, responsible for safeguarding how the parish brand and mission are portrayed in all communication including (but not limited to) print, email, social media, web, etc.
• Create and edit media marketing materials for seasonal events (Advent, Easter, Lent).
• Create, edit and publish weekly Sunday bulletin.
• Organize all written and electronic communication to present a clear organized and unified message for St. Mary Catholic Parish (Flock notes).
• Design promotional materials for parish – wide publications including banners, posters, flyers etc. Communicate with ministries and departments to ensure all content is being communicated accurately and effectively.
• Manage and update the parish website weekly to ensure timelines and consistency of messages.
• Post a variety of communication (pictures, articles, videos, etc.) on the website
• Manage and update the parish social media accounts (FB, Twitter, Instagram)
• Work closely with church and ministry leaders to effectively develop communication messages for church wide and specific audiences.
• Create and maintain a process for ministry leaders to clearly and effectively communicate a message to the parish.
• Manage communication to the parish via the Narthex video monitor.
• Work with other eternal media outlets such as Texas Catholic, and local media
• Assist in additional duties per request by the Pastor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field required
• One to three years’ professional experience relevant to marketing, communication, ministry, event
planning, project management, and/or social media required
• One to three years’ experience in Catholic young adult ministry and/or Catholic campus ministry
• Familiarity with design software such as Photoshop and InDesign required
• Familiarity with Illustrator and Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro preferred
• Familiarity with social media outlets and content management systems required
• Web design skills preferred
• Must be an active, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
• Adherence to the social, ethical, and moral disciplines, norms, and teachings of the Roman Catholic
Church in both professional and personal conduct required
• Ability to manage planning timelines and publication deadlines
Name and Title: Fr. Martin Castaneda
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes