Hiring Location: Catholic Charities of Dallas - Catholic Charities
Address: 9461 LBJ Freeway (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Reporting directly to the CEO, provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO. Serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and other members of the Executive Team including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
• Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
Board Support and Liaison
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
• Attends and takes minutes (with recordings) of all Board and assigned Committee meetings; edits and returns for review in a timely manner
Senior Management Liaison
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites.
OTHER DUTIES: (10%)
• Provides administrative support to the senior management team as needed.
• Maintains knowledge by attending professional and technical educational seminars and workshops. Participates in societies relative to the agency.
• Supports the Mission, Values, and Vision of Catholic Charities.
Name and Title: Brenda Huffman
How to submit resume: Drop-off at location, Email