Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Front Desk Receptionist
Hiring Location: Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 7617 Cortland Ave, Dallas, TX 75235 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Mondays 1pm - 5pm Tuesdays - Thursdays 9am - 5pm Fridays 9am - 1pm e/o Sunday 8am - 6pm
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Yes
This position is the first point of contact for all Church inquiries, providing information to all incoming parishioners and/or visitors. This position supports the pastor and the parish administrative staff as instructed.
• Exhibit a friendly, helpful attitude.
• Responsible for taking intentions and making sure that they are listed on Daily Mass agenda.
• Responsible for updating the annual spreadsheet of baptisms.
• Baptismal support to those seeking to celebrate the sacrament for their children.
• Responsible for completing on a daily basis any certificate requests (Baptism, 1st Communion, Confirmation, & Marriage)
• Responsible for maintaining the lector schedules (English & Spanish)
• Filing as needed.
• Support person for religious education.
• Update parishioner records on an ongoing basis. Actively seek and assemble notable information regarding parishioners and maintain in database records.
• Other duties may be requested from time to time through the immediate supervisor.
• Strong phone etiquette. Answer and route calls to appropriate person.
• Forwarding all messages left in General Voicemail to appropriate person.
• Copier – be aware of the toner lights; let supervisor know when it is saying that toner is needed so that it can be ordered
• Prepare material that will be needed by the Ushers for Weekend Mass (Sat. & Sunday)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Highly organized
• Strong organizational skills and work ethic
• Team player, energetic, positive attitude, flexible, self-starter
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint required)
• Skills to positively interact with staff, volunteers and parishioners.
• Self-motivated and solution oriented
• Talent to effectively multi-task in a very active, professional environment
• Demonstrate effective written communication skills
• Cognitively flexible, positive, and creative
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience:
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.;
• Knowledge of teachings of Catholic Church
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Name and Title: Noe A VIelma, Business Manager
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes