Hiring Location: Tribunal Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Mon - Fri. 9 AM - 5 PM
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The Tribunal of the Diocese of Dallas is looking for an Ecclesiastical Notary to help with the processing of nullity cases and prenuptial paperwork as well as to assist in many administrative duties to fulfill the mission of the Tribunal.
This non-exempt position reports to the Assessor but interacts with the Judges, Auditors, and other Ecclesiastical Notary. The Notary works very closely with the parishes, both clergy and lay staff, in processing their administrative and documentary cases and their prenuptial paperwork for upcoming marriages. The environment is fast-paces requiring the Notary's ability to be detail-oriented and one with congenial colleagues committed to serving the People of God of the Diocese of Dallas. Fluency in Spanish or Vietnamese in addition to English would be a plus.
FOR A COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION, PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT.
• High school diploma or GED, some college preferred
• Experience/knowledge of computer and related software (Word, Access, Excel preferred)
• One to two years of administrative experience
• Fluency not only in English but also Spanish or Vietnamese preferred but not mandatory
• Capability of working a 35-hour work week with the willingness, on occasion, at the request of the Assessor, to adjust schedule. The occupant of this exempt position may benefit from scheduling flexibility, with the approval of the Assessor, if it is in the best interest of the Tribunal, always with the understanding that all duties and responsibilities will be fulfilled in a consistently satisfactory manner.
• Commitment to Tribunal Ministry
• Practicing Catholic required for Notary position
• Possession of characteristics relative to integrity, courtesy, unimpaired reputation and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated initiative and good judgment
• Willingness to participate in professional development opportunities
• Good previous work record
Name and Title: Margaret Gillett, Assessor
How to submit resume: Mail, Email