Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: St Cecilia Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 1809 W Davis St, Dallas, TX 75208 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30, subject to change
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Associates Degree (Preferred)/ HS Diploma + 2+ yrs experience
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
• Meets with newly engaged couples and families wanting to validate their marriage.
• Registers and schedules newly engaged couples for marriage preparation classes.
• Be point of contact for all preparation marriage process.
• Interview couples - prenuptial questionnaires, paperwork for marriages, including mix marriages.
• Asist with General Parish office work such as answering the door, phones etc.
• Prepare the weekly clergy liturgy schedule in collaboration with the Pastor
• Arrange for external clergy for Masses when needed
• Prepare binders for Pulpit Announcements, Commentator announcements and Prayers of the Faithful for weekend Masses and Holy Day Liturgies
• Prepare the Prayers of the Faithful for weekend Liturgies
• Prepare Prayers of the Faithful for weekday Liturgies
• Assists with Sacristan Duties including but not limited to ensuring clergy vestments are taking to and picked up from the cleaners
• Prepare Funeral Binders for all funerals whether at the Parish or at the Funeral Home. The Funeral Binder shall include Readings, Prayers of the Faithful and other items as required by the performing clergy.
• Prepare the Church and all related needs for funeral Masses
• Prepare Wedding Binders for all weddings to include Readings, Prayers of the Faithful and other items as required by the performing clergy.
• Assists with preparing the Church and all related requirements for Wedding liturgies
• Schedules and performs wedding rehearsals
• Coordinate and attends weddings
• Helps families schedule contracts for quinceañeras, marriage, and 3 year presentations.
• Take payments and prepare receipts. Turning all payments and contracts to Parish admin for logging and to enter in master calendar.
• Calls all contracts to remind of payment when outstanding balance exists.
• Answers calls and provides support to all office staff, when needed.
• Attends all Diocesan-required training sessions and other workshops and classes for additional training as needed.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Pastor
Computer knowledge required: MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel, familiar with PDS,
Ability to multi-task
Ability to answer multiple incoming calls
Be able to handle schedule flexibility - attend rehearsals in evenings, attend wedding Mass on weekend
Name and Title: Leo Diaz, Business Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes