Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Masters Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Bishop Dunne Catholic School empowers each student to explore, inquire, lead, and serve
through a college preparatory education in a joyful community of faith.
Inspiring future leaders to innovate and serve by delivering the best Catholic education to the
students of North Texas.
Reports to: Director of External Relations
Direct Reports: Assistant Director-Advancement; Manager of Donor Relations; Database
Bishop Dunne Catholic School seeks a Director of Development and Alumni Relations who
will oversee all fund-raising efforts of the school. The Director is responsible for alumni
engagement efforts, including events and fund-raising. Bishop Dunne raises over $1 million
per year to support the operations of the school, especially for tuition assistance, from
parents, alumni, and philanthropists who support Catholic education.
Bishop Dunne is the only Catholic diocesan school in Dallas that enrolls students in grades six
through twelve. The Bishop Dunne student body mirrors the diversity of Dallas, with over 75%
identifying as students of color, and approximately half the students are Catholic. During the past
year, with the help of the consultants at Track 15, Bishop Dunne has revised its giving programs,
moving away from reliance on a single large gala. The Director of Development and Alumni
Relations will develop strategies that build on this work and inspire donors to support Catholic
education in the Southern sector of Dallas. The Director will work with the President and the
advancement team articulating the vision, building relationships, and engaging with donors to
ensure they are cultivated, embraced, and thoroughly informed about Bishop Dunne.
The Bishop Dunne Board, with input from members of the school community, has recently
completed a bold new Strategic Plan that will guide us through 2025. The school also recently
commissioned a Growth and Sustainability Study to help develop plans for the future.
The Director of Development and Alumni Relations will:
• Work with the business office to track donations and how they support the
programs at the school.
• Work with the Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Assist the President and Chief Financial Officer in preparing reports on finances,
donations and giving.
• Support the fund-raising efforts associated with GeoTech and the Literary Festival.
• Successfully manage the development staff and work collaboratively with others in
the school community.
• Attend networking events and keep abreast of advancement opportunities and
• Successfully complete Safe Environment and all background checks.
• Complete all other duties as assigned by the President.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred; experience
in development and fund-raising at a non-profit. Experience with Catholic education would
be a plus. Significant leadership experience in development with an understanding of best
practices, innovative and engaging programs, and data analytics is desired.
• Deep appreciation for and knowledge of the value of Catholic education.
• Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of, diversity, equity, and inclusion in
• Warm and engaging presence, with the ability to build relationships, develop volunteer
networks, and connect with and inspire a variety of people.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to inspire confidence when
working with all constituents.
• Ability to raise awareness of Bishop Dunne Catholic School in order to raise funds
for designated programs and projects.
• A strategic mindset to organize and implement a development plan that is aligned
with the Strategic Plan.
• Ability to organize, execute and grow the Dunne Together annual fund program.
• Ability to plan, promote, and execute innovative special events to promote
community relations and thank donors.
• Ability to organize and plan specific alumni events such as Alumni Homecoming
Party, Young Alumni Party, Alumni Golf Tournament, and Alumni Family Picnic.
• Ability to coordinate with class leaders on Alumni Reunions and coordinate
events on campus.
• Experience writing successful grant requests to foundations and corporations for
designated projects and programs.
• Ability to oversee the management of the database.
• Experience developing programs to connect donors with students receiving
The ideal candidate:
• Will be proficient in using donor development and fundraising database software
(Bishop Dunne currently uses Sustain)
• Will be a CFRE or working towards obtaining his/her CFRE.
How to Appy:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to furnish a letter of intent, current resume, and the
names/contact information of 3 professional references. The letter of intent should
average one page long, and no more than two, and address your experience and key
successes in the areas of development, building relationships and fundraising.
Please email the materials to Ms. Anna Lee Friesen, HR Director (email@example.com).
Bishop Dunne Catholic School provides a full benefits package to eligible employees. The
salary is commensurate with experience
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen - Human Resources
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes