Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Coordinator of Marriage and Family Life
Hiring Location: Prince of Peace - Parish
Address: 5100 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 40+ Hours, Flexible
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
Prince of Peace is looking for a missionary disciple who is passionate about Christian marriage and committed to fostering community for families. This individual must be capable of juggling multiple events simultaneously, which means they must be organized, detail-oriented, and a strong multitasker. This person must be able to create a network of people at Prince of Peace and train them how to become missionaries themselves. This requires a solid foundation in the teachings of the church and in pastoral ministry. They will be responsible for helping to create a culture of hospitality and invitation, which means they must personally model these characteristics. We need a person who will be fully engaged in the life of the parish; a person that will attend parish-wide events even outside of work hours. We are looking for a self-starter and team player capable of interacting with many different groups. This person should have strong interpersonal skills and be a good communicator.
Detail Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
Marriage Preparation Ministry
• Assists in developing and coordinating elements of a comprehensive Marriage Preparation program including classes, small groups, retreats, NFP instruction, and more.
• Completes all administrative tasks related to marriage preparation including compiling paperwork, filing with the diocese, etc.
• Identifies, recruits and trains a team of Mentor Couples and works to develop this ministry into its own community.
• Coordinates regular marriage enrichment opportunities to gather and disciple married couples.
• Assists in developing and running major marriage enrichment events and retreats.
• Develops and promotes a family friendly culture within the parish through programs and events designed to foster community life.
• Advocates and supports the role of the family within the parish and invites all individuals to participate in the family of the Church.
• Develops and provides oversight for the nursery ministry to facilitate young families’ ability to participate in parish ministries and events.
• Collaborates with the evangelization department to develop and provide comprehensive evangelization initiatives.
• Supports major programs run by other evangelization team members.
• Serves as primary point of contact for married couple small groups, Pursue groups.
• Produces curriculum to be used by all Pursue groups in the parish.
• Recruits and trains small group leaders.
• Coordinates social media and webpages related to ministry.
• Submits annual budget and maintains budget throughout year.
Other duties as assigned by Associate Director of Evangelization.
• Must be a committed and practicing Catholic
• Must accept all the teachings of the Catholic Church, especially pertaining to marriage and sexuality
• Must be involved in the life of the parish at Prince of Peace
• Must be committed to ongoing personal growth as a disciple and ongoing professional development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have strong discernment skills
• Must be a good recruiter and trainer of people
• Ideal Team Player: Humble, Hungry and Smart
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
• Social media savvy preferred
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in theology, administration or related field is preferred
• Prior experience coordinating ministries preferred
• Must attend mandatory parish staff meetings and diocesan functions.
• Must uphold and adhere to the guidelines and policies of the Diocese of Dallas.
Name and Title: Michael Muldowney - Associate Director of Evangelization
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes