Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: All Saints Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 5231 Meadowcreek Drive, Dallas, TX 75248 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Weekends and some weekdays dependent on events
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Nursery Staff supports All Saints Catholic Parish in its mission, in service of the Body of Christ. This position, under the general supervision of the Nursery Coordinator, assists in providing safe, secure, nurturing, clean and appropriate childcare for the children of the parish during Sunday morning masses and at various parish organization events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
The Nursery Staff will
• Be responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
• Ensure the safety of all children in the nursery by following safe environment guidelines, identifying, and eliminating any safety hazards before and during nursery events, and in the event of an emergency, notifying the parent/guardian via call or text as appropriate.
• Maintain a sanitary, and clean environment before, during and following all Nursery events. This includes straightening rooms, cleaning and sanitizing toys and changing pad linens.
• Ensure all children are properly checked in and out during nursery events and that children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form following the conclusion of the event.
• Assist in maintaining logs of attendance, registration, and payments.
• Have the availability to work weekends, especially Friday and Sunday mornings including, within reason, holidays.
• Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, volunteers, and other staff.
• Maintain current adult and pediatric CPR/First aid certification.
• Support other areas of campus operations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in caring for infants and toddlers with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities and developmental levels.
• Experience with, or willing to learn how to change diapers, and deal with various bodily fluids such as spit up, vomit, etc.
• Be in good health, able to bend, squat, lift, hold and physically take care of children. Must be able to regularly lift up to 30lbs.
• Ability to work with supervision while maintaining a cooperative & effective team relationship with staff and parishioners.
• Basic computer competency (Microsoft Office, internet, and ability to learn job specific Elexio application).
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal and health information for the children in the Nursery.
• A working knowledge of the Catholic Church & traditions.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• At least 18 years of age
• Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Certification
• CPR/First Aid certification a plus
• Bilingual Preferred
Name and Title: Philip Muscat - Business Manager
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes