Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Facilities and Maintenance Technician
Hiring Location: St. Patrick Parish - Dallas - Parish
Address: 9643 Ferndale Rd., Dallas, TX 75238 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Flexible - Weekend and evening work may be required
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
St. Patrick Parish is a diverse community located in the Lake Highlands area of Northeast Dallas. The Facilities and Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical environment of all buildings, grounds, and equipment in support of Clergy, Educators, Parishioners, and Staff.
The Technician ensures that the sacred space at St. Patrick Catholic Church, (Sanctuary, Chapel, Devotional Areas, etc.) as well as School facilities provide a holy, prayerful, peaceful, inviting, well-maintained and safe environment for priests, religious, educators, parishioners students, staff and visitors.
• Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, security, safety, lighting, audio, energy management, plumbing and irrigation systems to ensure optimum performance and reliability.
• Maintains all educational, social and workspaces, ensuring all are clean and in good repair.
• Performs a wide range of duties in support of events and activities, including ensuring setup of chairs, tables, stages, decorations, or equipment as specified by St. Patrick staff.
• Assists in the planning and managing of the facilities workload / room scheduling.
Facility Repairs / Renovations
• Assists in ensuring that the repairs / renovations are safe.
• Assists in the planning, installation / implementation of new or upgraded systems (or oversees if external resources are required).
Administrative and Other
• As directed by the Facility Manager, orders equipment, supplies, and oversees inventory control of Facilities related items
• Other duties/projects as assigned by the Facilities Manager, Director of Operations, Business Manager and Pastor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENT:
• Facilities and Maintenance Technician must have the ability to work effectively with contractors and others to maintain the facility.
• Must be able to perform routine maintenance and or repair tasks.
• Work professionally and effectively with ministries and parishioners.
• Work in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and establish work priorities.
• Excellent time management, communication, and organization skills.
• Ideally be knowledgeable of Microsoft's Word, Excel, and Outlook programs.
• Work in a church and school environment
• May include periods of sitting, typing, and reading from the computer screen.
• May require lifting of 25-40 lbs., bending, stooping, and climbing.
• Requires walking/inspecting the entire facility (multiple buildings) regularly.
• May involve travel to vendor/contractor locations or off-site
Approved - No