Hiring Location: Bishop Lynch High School - Catholic School
Address: 9750 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX 75228 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
The General Maintenance Worker will fix and maintain machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings. This individual will paint, repair flooring, and work on plumbing, electrical, and air-conditioning and heating systems. In the event of an emergency he/she may be called to support necessary tasks in association with that emergency. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, however, management may identify other responsibilities of the position.
• Perform maintenance service or repairs in one or more skill areas, including minor plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs or installations, or vehicle servicing. Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, installing paper dispenser units, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman.
• Cleans and lubricates parts.
• Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• May perform snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.
• May be required to assist with special events.
• May drive a cart or other vehicle.
• Assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn new skills as required for advancement and certification.
• May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
• Complies with all school / diocese safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Required to participate in the Dioceses of Dallas “Safe Environment Program”
• May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
• Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
• Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
• Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
• Order replacement parts and equipment with management approval.
• Inspects completed repairs.
• May be required to inventory equipment, parts and supplies.
• Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, school administration and faculty.
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team.
• Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
• Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work to be done in Dallas, TX .
• A valid driver’s license may be required.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Must be punctual and show up for scheduled shift on time.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Must comply with any dress code / uniform requirements.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Will work in indoor and outdoor conditions; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to heat/cold.
• Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
• 2+ years related work experience.
Name and Title: McKay Braithwaite, Director of Facilities
How to submit resume: Email