Hiring Location: Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries - Pastoral Center - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn, Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
The administrative assistant is the backbone of a fun and exciting team at the forefront of innovation in ministry for the Diocese of Dallas. The individual works in direct assistance of the team, assisting with program activities and meetings as necessary, all the while gaining valuable experience in diocesan-level ministry and business management.
The position requires an accomplished person who is receptive to constituent needs and successful at managing a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment. The position requires one to be a quick learner with notable leadership qualities so as to regularly incorporate and implement new procedures to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead on events including registration, generating forms, and compiling data, financials, etc.
• Coordinate administrative tasks of office sponsored events (including co-sponsored events with parish/campus, as well as regional, national and/or international)
• Handle phone and digital correspondence as the "first face" of the team
• Facilitate the creation of newsletters, website content and calendaring, etc.
• Maintain department database and records ministry leaders and non-parish based organizations
• Track, maintain, and reconcile monthly budget, as well as serve as lead agent on financial processes including check requests, invoicing, and deposits
• Maintain Department Director Calendar and correspondence
• Produce reports, slide decks, and project briefs when serving as a project lead
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Disciple of Jesus Christ who regularly seeks to enhance his or her relationship with God through the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church
• Understanding of ministry and the movement of the person from evangelization to discipleship
• Ability to work as a team player in a highly collaborative environment and provide leadership for administrative functions
• Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills
• Professional office decorum and professional phone etiquette
• Experience in digital media
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Open to continued professional growth and development
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
Name and Title: Jason Deuterman, Director
Phone: (214) 379-2843
How to submit resume: Email