Hiring Location: Prince of Peace - Parish
Address: 5100 W Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
Prince of Peace Catholic Community is seeking an Associate of Youth Ministry to join our staff. This is a full-time position of leadership with our Young Church Ministry responsible for developing, implementing and adapting a year-round ministry for High School & Jr. High students (7th-12th grade). The ideal candidate is a dynamic disciple of Christ who is passionate about leading others. The Associate position works under the direction of the Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministries on a team with one additional Youth Minister. Our ideal applicant will challenge youth and be an authentic Catholic witness within the context of relational ministry. The applicant must be a practicing Catholic in good standing. A bachelor’s degree in Theology / Catechetics or a related field is preferred, and musical ability is a plus. Salary will be based on experience and education.
Event Planning & Execution
- Develop catechetical strategy and methodology for Young Church series.
- Assist in planning and leading The Visitation and bi-annual worship events for the Parish School.
- Assists in facilitating setup and tear down of monthly “win” events for Young Adult Ministry (EXALT, Profess).
- Faithfully present at large Parish wide events (ex: parish missions).
- Lead one-on-one discipleship sessions with Young Church teens.
- Organize and facilitate weekly Bible Study for Parish School.
- Participate and serve as a leader in Young Adult Small Groups (Forge / Refine). May include writing and/or leading sessions, fostering community, and developing new leaders.
- Be a resource for teens and parents of teens in areas of spiritual formation, adolescent development & crisis intervention (serve as a resource and/or identify appropriate resources).
Retreats / Conferences
- Assists in planning and facilitating annual Young Church retreats, conferences, Life Teen Summer camps, mission trips, and pilgrimages.
- Plan and execute bi-annual core team retreat.
- Attend and support Young Adult Retreats for the parish.
- Planning, preparing and executing monthly service project with Young Church teens.
- Present at Prince of Peace Catholic School on a weekly basis. Attend a minimum of 1 school lunch at least every other week at local High Schools (JPII & Plano West).
- Organize outings to large social events that correlate to the activities our teens participate in. (sporting events, plays, band concerts).
- Recruit and coordinate leadership development opportunities for upperclassmen including liturgical ministries at the 5pm Mass and Young Church teen leaders.
- Recruit and organize adult volunteers (core team) to assist in implementing overall vision for Young Church.
- Plan and lead Core Team weekly volunteer meetings after The Summit on Sunday evenings.
- Assist in communication of Young Church to the parish community to include bulletin posts, room reservations, creating multiple weekly flocknote newsletters, updating website and weekly social media posts.
- Assist the Coordinator of Youth & Young Adult Ministry in staying faithful to and maintaining the budget.
- Maintain accurate records of youth attendance, registrations and parental permissions.
- Ensure all volunteers are in compliance with safe environment policies set by the Diocese.
- Prepare for in advance and attend weekly team meetings, monthly department meetings and monthly staff meetings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Have initiative, drive, creativity, excellent organizational skills, an ability to multitask, sensitivity to the needs of the people and the ministry team & sound judgment regarding risk and safety (Humble, Hungry & Smart).
- Understand the dynamics of evangelization, conversion, the Catechumenate Model & Ecclesial Method to effectively communicate the Gospel to youth, teen, and adults.
- Experience with small group leadership and understands the road to intentional discipleship.
- Direct ministry experience preferred with strong gifts in speaking in front of a large crowd of people (experience being an MC at an event is preferred).
- Communicate effectively and resolve conflict with youth, parents, volunteers, & co-workers while maintaining the ability to honor confidentiality.
- Have reliable personal transportation.
Education & Development
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or related field and open to professional growth.
- Personal Professional Development: Enroll in professional development and continuing education at Franciscan University of Steubenville (provided by parish).
- Personal Spiritual Development: Maintain consistent spiritual direction, regular prayer, reading and reflection.
Name and Title: Coordinator of Youth and Young Adults
Phone: (972) 380-2100
How to submit resume: Email