Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Financial and Reporting Analyst
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Business Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
The Financial and Reporting Analyst supports the CFO, Director of Financial Services and Controller by performing financial analysis and reporting objectives. Primary objectives include financial reporting for annual audits, administration of 403(b) and pension plans, and budgeting. This position works collaboratively with others in the Business Office and ministries to provide data and support to their overall financial objectives.
• Development and analysis of financial information in order to evaluate results in terms of fiscal soundness, performance against key indicators and donor restrictions.
• Perform detail work relating to audits of financial records with the independent audit firm for the Pastoral Center, 403(b) Plans, Cemetery and the Defined Benefit Priest Pension Plan. Responsible for preparation of the supporting schedules, responding to requests, drafting audited financial statements and the implementation of recommendations resulting from such audits.
• Monitor accounting records, cash transfers and reconciliations for the two 403(b) plans; this will include all activity and transfers between all entities in the Diocese and the plan administrator; resolve noted differences or discrepancies.
• Monitor Priest Pension Plan census and related accounting information; ensure all priests are appropriately included in billings to parishes and related payments are properly recorded.
• Maintenance of the financial system of accounts to properly reflect all transactions and related interproject accounts, assets and liabilities.
• Perform all interproject reconciliations, accounting for cash used/borrowed among the various projects and the related due to/from accounts, as well as the related repayments and transfers among bank accounts.
• Preparation of internal and external reports to provide useful and relevant financial information to senior management; this includes daily cash analysis, as well as various reports to monitor financial performance, and trends across all business and ministry objectives.
• Assist in maintenance of effective financial controls to ensure that internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance that assets are protected.
• Ongoing evaluation of the general ledger system to ensure operation as required. Includes validation/design of the system to suggest changes as accounting, technology and reporting requirements evolve.
• Prepare budgets for select departments. Analyze and consolidate annual budget data. Maintain budget throughout the fiscal year.
• Perform cross-functional tasks required to maintain a strong segregation of duties within the Business Office. Other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks may occasionally be required for the Business Office.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• REQUIRED SKILLS: Working knowledge of not-for-profit GAAP, including not-for-profit financial statement display and reporting.
• Working knowledge of budget process and reporting.
• REQUIRED SKILLS: Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel.
• Working knowledge of business analytic tools a plus.
• Must possess excellent analysis skills at both micro and macro levels.
• Must possess excellent time management skills and be able to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate across multiple levels of staff and third-parties.
• Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Accounting, (CPA certification is preferred but not required)
• REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 5 – 10 years of accounting experience with a background in not-for-profit or fund accounting
• Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
Name and Title: Rachel Geoffray, Controller
How to submit resume: Mail, Email
Approved - Yes