Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: Holy Trinity Seminary - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 3131 Vince Hagan Dr., Irving, TX 75062 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
This position will provide administrative support and secretarial recording services to the Rector. This position will also handle office duties such as scheduling and preparing of materials for meetings, coordinating seminary admissions and evaluations materials, receptionist duties, and front office management. Duties will involve confidential and sensitive matters necessitating discretion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides administrative support to the Rector
• Screens and routes phone calls
• Assists with the Rector’s correspondence (sorts his mail, track correspondence he owes, assure timely responses)
• Coordinates appointments, meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, and travel arrangements for the Rector’s office
• Drafts letters, memos, and other documents as needed
• Prepares greeting cards such as for staff birthdays, Christmas cards, and Thank You cards
• Takes and prepares summary minutes at meetings the Rector chairs or directs
• Coordinates all information needed for the Board of Advisor’s meetings and serves as recording secretary to the Board.
o Sends advance notices
o Prepares meeting materials and sends out agenda
o Sets up Board Room and arranges for any refreshments
o Updates the contact information of board members
• Serves as a member of the administrative board in the capacity as recording secretary
• Coordinates with the Advancement Office to assist the Rector in planning and hosting special and fundraising events
• In collaboration with the Admissions Coordinator, this position assists in the admission process from the months of May to August.
o Creates and updates initial files on each new HTS seminarians
o Sends status update communications including signed letters of acceptance
o Communicates with parents and new students about entrance issues
o Prepares orientation packets with external formation team
o Orders and updates name plates for seminary doors
• Coordinates meetings between the Rector and individual seminarians
• Collects, copies, and organizes in binders, students peer and self-evaluations in January and February
• Updates and issues annually the Student Handbook in July and August
• Assists in preparing annual spring evaluation materials
o Helps collate materials leading to the evaluation
o Tracks materials needed for the follow-up interview
o Helps Rector prepare reports to bishops
• Arranges graduating photos in May, and new seminarians’ photos in August
• Creates and updates database on seminarians’ information (e.g., parents’ contacts, health insurance, license plate, etc.)
• Assures that all international seminarians are in compliance with all federal and state laws related to immigration status.
• Collaborates, networks, and builds professional relationships with other departments
• Manages assigned projects by developing detailed schedules/work plans, predicting resources needed, and monitoring ongoing progress to ensure deadlines are met.
• Other duties as assigned
FRONT OFFICE RECEPTION DESK
• Receives and directs guests
• Answers and transfers the switchboard incoming calls
• Receives and distributes faculty mails, and gives student mail to assigned seminarian
• Monitors, orders, and receives office supplies such as printing paper, ink, drinks, and coffee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to work within established guidelines of authority
• Ability to communicate professionally and courteously to high level officials
Approved - No