Hiring Location: The Highlands School - Catholic School
Address: 1451 East Northgate Drive, Irving, TX 75062 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Certification/Accreditation (see Description)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
the Highlands School is a PK3-12 Catholic school. The duties of the School Nurse include:
• Serve as health advocate for students.
• Assess student and school health needs.
• Assume responsibility for planning and management for acute, chronic and emergency health problems, including appropriate referral and follow up.
• Provide relevant counseling and guidance to assist children and parents in assuming responsibility for health maintenance of their child.
• Assist with communicable disease control through implementation of programs for student immunization, management of suspected and diagnosed cases of infectious disease and infestations, and foster education in communicable disease prevention for students and faculty.
• Possess knowledge and skills specifically relating to appraisal and health management of children.
• Maintain accurate, updated records of health information on all students, and make provisions for timely and accurate management of incoming and outgoing records and reports.
• Coordinate and/or provide required and optional health screenings.
• Monitor supply and equipment needs for the health program and communicate accordingly.
• Continue professional growth through workshop and professional association activities.
• Maintain state certification for acanthosis nigricans, vision and hearing and spinal screening.
• Maintain valid, current CPR/AED certification.
The successful candidate should meet or exceed these requirements:
• Holds a current Texas license as a registered nurse or licensed vocational nurse
• A minimum of three years of experience
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Must complete Safe Environment training
Name and Title: Mr. Rinn Marler
How to submit resume: Email