Hiring Location: Society of St. Vincent de Paul of North Texas - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 3826 Gilbert Avenue, Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Afterschool schedule
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Yes
StudyTime Facilitator, Hourly Part Time, 8-12 hours/week
The StudyTime Program provides students with academic tutoring and socio-emotional coaching from certified instructors. Students receive help understanding and completing their homework; in addition, they participate in supplemental enrichment activities and socio-emotional development exercises.
StudyTime facilitators ensure high quality instruction and provide a respectful, positive learning environment that allows students to develop personal, social and intellectual skills. Facilitators are professional, positive and enthusiastic. They will:
*Provide classroom facilitation, tutoring and mentoring and program implementation to a specific StudyTime site.
*Be organized and communicative when planning and providing a dynamic and exciting program for students with the Program Manager and Lead StudyTime Facilitator.
See attached job description for more details.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong leadership skills
• Works well with children and volunteers
• Strong writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Time management and general administration skills
• Bilingual preferred; English and Spanish
• CPR and First Aid Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience working with children ages 5 to 18
• Experience managing adults and volunteers
• Experience working with parents on student performance
• Complete annual Safe Environment training and pass a Criminal Background Check
• Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Email, Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) and other pc based tools and programs
Name and Title: Melani Guerra, Program Manager
Phone: 214-520-0650 x113
How to submit resume: Email