Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Masters Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Bishop Dunne Catholic School empowers each student to explore, inquire, lead, and serve through a college preparatory education in a joyful community of faith.
Inspiring future leaders to innovate and serve by delivering the best Catholic education to the students of North Texas.
Bishop Dunne Catholic School seeks a Director of Admissions and Financial Aid starting no later than July 2021. Overseeing and coordinating the recruitment and retention of all students, the Director works to create a community that is mission-aligned, with a specific emphasis on the school’s commitment to faith, equity, and inclusion. The successful candidate will utilize an understanding of local demographics and trends to create an admissions experience that will build enrollment by attracting mission-appropriate families to apply and enroll.
Bishop Dunne is the only Catholic diocesan school that enrolls students in grades six through twelve. The Bishop Dunne student body mirrors the diversity of Dallas, with over 75% identifying as students of color, and approximately half the students are Catholic. The Director of Admissions and Financial Aid needs to understand and develop strategies that address families in different markets in Dallas, especially in the Southern sector, and meet the needs of families as they apply to Bishop Dunne at both the middle school and high school level, while differentiating Bishop Dunne in a competitive market. The Director needs to lead the admissions team to work strategically, given the demographic trends and competition in the area. The Director will need to be thoughtful and strategic in articulating and engaging with families and ensure prospective and current families feel both embraced and thoroughly informed about Bishop Dunne.
The Admissions team, during the last year, developed virtual office hours and tours, after-school tours, webinars, and Zoom touchpoints with families. The admissions process became more accessible to a broader range of families throughout the city. The next Director can build on these innovations and develop a program that creatively engages families. The Bishop Dunne Board, with input from members of the school community, is currently engaged in a strategic planning process that will envision where we will be in 2026. In addition, the school has engaged the Meitler group to conduct a Growth and Sustainability Study to help the school plan for the future.
Reports to: Director of External Relations; member of school Leadership Team
Direct Reports: Assistant Director of Admissions and Administrative Assistant
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred; experience in admissions at a private and, preferably Catholic, school. Significant leadership experience in admission and enrollment work with a deep understanding of best practices, innovative and engaging programs, and data analytics.
• Deep appreciation for and knowledge of the value of Catholic education.
• Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of, diversity, equity, and inclusion in schools.
• Warm and engaging presence, with the ability to connect with and inspire a variety of people.
• Experience leveraging financial aid resources to meet enrollment goals.
• A strategic mindset to develop and implement tactical marketing ideas to build enrollment.
• Experience developing and executing engaging school recruitment events.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to inspire confidence when working with all constituents.
• Demonstrated success in managing people and working collaboratively with others in the school community.
• Experience in the development of admission publications, related marketing materials, and branding of the school to prospective families.
• Proficiency with admissions software (Bishop Dunne currently uses Ravenna).
• Ability to maintain current and accurate records according to school policy.
• Experience and skill managing multiple deadlines and a complex calendar of assignments.
• Experience and skill using the FACTS financial aid program.
• Ability to successfully complete the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program and all background checks.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to furnish a letter of intent, current resume, and the names/contact information of 3 professional references. The letter of intent should average one page long, and no more than two, and address your experience and key successes in the areas of student recruitment, admissions and retention, and in developing and managing an admissions operation.
Please email the materials to Ms. Anna Lee Friesen, HR Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bishop Dunne Catholic School provides a competitive benefits plan to eligible employees. The salary is commensurate with experience.
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen - Human Resources
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes