Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Associate Director, Events and Stewardship
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Development Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
The Associate Director, Events and Stewardship will work closely with the Development Director and other Associate Directors to support the overall fundraising efforts of the Diocese of Dallas. The primary responsibility of this position is managing all aspects of the Bishop’s Invitational Golf Tournament, which provides scholarships for Catholic Schools. This individual will be responsible for managing a first-class event and associated events to assist deserving students with immediate tuition assistance which includes fundraising, securing location, working with event staff, committee members, volunteers, and students. Additional responsibilities include overseeing other Development Department and Diocese of Dallas events including but not limited to donor receptions such as the annual Bishop’s Christmas Reception and Bishop’s Annual Appeal Mass and Reception.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
Bishop’s Invitational Golf Tournament
• Identification, solicitation, and stewardship of sponsors and donors.
• Form and lead an executive committee with new chairs yearly.
• Develop and implement all event materials including securing sponsor/donor promotional materials, donor acknowledgements, etc.
• Work with venue/event staff to plan all aspects of the golf tournament and work with key vendors to plan all event logistics.
• Coordinate and execute several year-round events including a kick-off party, committee meetings, and sponsor party.
• Responsible for ongoing communication with stakeholders including updates of website, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
• Responsible for managing all expenses of the event and payment and all donations entry, general ledger, and reports.
Development Department Stewardship Events
• Bishop’s Christmas Reception
o Coordinate event details including but not limited to: venue, menu, guest list, staffing needs, gift for guests
• Bishop’s Annual Appeal Mass and Reception
o Coordinate event details including but not limited to: venue, menu, guest list, staffing needs
• Work with development office on other special donor events and projects as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be personable and able to build relationships.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details are a must.
• Able to articulate the message/mission.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities are a necessity.
• Social Media, WordPress, Excel, and database experience recommended – Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Established experience in building relationships
• Practicing Catholic strongly preferred.
• Consistent professional appearance a must
• Capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, campaign leadership, volunteers, event staff, and staff.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, HR/Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes