Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Tuesday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (for Spring 2021)
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Certification/Accreditation (see Description)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Bishop Dunne Catholic School is seeking a full-time Health Coordinator to staff our school clinic. Are you a Nurse or EMT looking for a new opportunity? Are you ready to have weekends, holidays and summers off? Come join a team of dedicated staff and faculty serving a dynamic group of middle and high school students.
• Maintain school health program according to the nursing standards of practice and the Diocese of Dallas policies and procedures, and FERPA (Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act).
• Collaborate with other school professionals, parents, caregivers, and members of the community as needed.
• Serve as liaison to Diocesan Nurse and participate in all nursing meetings and training sessions.
• Assist staff and students to optimal wellness by referral to agencies as indicated (doctors, clinics, hospitals, CHIP, Medicaid, sight for students, charity care, etc.) and by offering health education programs.
• Provide annual bloodborne pathogen training and required documentation.
• Coordinate infection control measures for the school.
• Assist with Crisis Management Plan and Procedures according to Diocese of Dallas and school plan.
• Certify/recertify faculty, staff, and coaches in Adult/Child/CPR/AED every two years.
• Maintain all student health records (computerized and paper) according to the Diocese of Dallas policy.
• Maintain up to date immunization records as required by the State of Texas.
• Maintain log of all student visits to the clinic.
• Dispense/store student medications according to state laws, Diocese of Dallas, and school policy.
• Attend to ill students and determine course of action including communication with parents/guardian as needed.
• Order and maintain adequate supplies for the clinic.
• Maintain First Aid Kits in the school buildings and on school buses.
• Monthly monitoring of AEDs to assess each is in working order.
• Maintain yearly record of completed physicals for coaching staff.
• Perform/Document on/before deadline annually.
• Complete Contact Tracing course
• Serve on COVID Response Team
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter, resume, college transcripts and license to Anna Lee Friesen, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience and understands the demands of nursing in a scool setting.
• A valid Texas EMT or Paramedic Certification (DHSH) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS or BSN) from an accredited university
• Pediatric experience preferred (Care of Bishop Dunne students and staff)
CPR/BLS Instructor Certification
Hearing/Vision Certification through the State of Texas
Scoliosis Certification through the State of Texas
Acanthosis Nigricans screening certification from the University of Texas Border Health Office.
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen Human Resources
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes