Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Human Resources & Risk Management Compliance Coordinator
Hiring Location: St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 6306 Kenwood Ave, Dallas, TX 75214-3018 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
This position performs advanced administrative functions and keeps complex records. Many decisions are made independently (within the scope of the job) and contain frequent new and varied work situations. Contacts frequently involve confidential and/or sensitive matters necessitating discretion. The Human Resources component includes all duties related to personnel including, but not limited to, onboarding, payroll processing, terming, reporting, and benefit management. The Risk Management component focuses primarily on liability and contract compliance management within the scope of both Diocesan and St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church and School policy and directives.
Administrative support is provided to both Parish and School Administrators as it relates to the performance of these duties. The position requires extreme professionalism in actions and appearance. Promptness and sense of urgency is a necessity in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Assists Administrators with recruitment processes if, when, and as needed.
• Ensures new hire compliance with all Diocesan/Parish/School requirements including, but not limited to, Safe Environment clearances and Catholic School Office (CSO) required teaching credentials.
• Conducts on-boarding processes for all new hires using the diocesan required HRIS system (currently ExponentHR) ensuring timely completion and receipt of all data and meeting all federal and state regulatory requirements.
• Works with Administrators to provide applicable new hire orientation including facility and systems access needs.
• Processes bi-monthly and off-cycle payroll including any necessary pay adjustments for all Parish and School employees using the diocesan required HRIS system (currently ExponentHR).
• Manages the HRIS database for accuracy including, but not limited to, pay rates, benefit salary rates, benefit eligibility, standard hours, FLSA status, leave status, PTO accrual rates and balances, etc.
• Administers all health and retirement benefit plans.
• Provides support to employees in all HR related issues such as leave, benefits, and use of the timeclock reporting system.
• Maintains all employee files and records in electronic and paper form as applicable ensuring separate files for School personnel requiring additional compliance documentation such as credentials/transcripts, professional development hours, and years of service records, etc.
• Manages HR record retention initiatives within Diocesan/Parish/School guidelines.
• Manages, tracks, updates, and reports to CSO those School employees whose credentials are on deficiency.
• Works with School President in obtaining annual School professional contract and support staff salary amounts; creates, secures digital signatures, and files all contracts and support staff letters.
• Reports and manages Workers’ Compensation and Short-term Disability claims in collaboration with the Diocesan HR Office.
• Responds to and acts on 3rd party inquiries such as employment verifications and garnishments.
• Works collaboratively with the Diocesan HR Office and Catholic Schools Office to ensure compliance.
• Processes terminations in accordance with policy.
• Maintains current and up to date knowledge of all Diocesan/Parish/School policies regarding human resources, payroll, benefits, and personnel management.
• Performs other HR related duties as may arise or be assigned.
• Supports all departments and supporting organizations in the management of all contracts, work orders, lease agreements, service providers, etc. to ensure compliance with all Diocesan/Parish/School contract policies and directives.
• Uploads and manages all applicable contracts, agreements, work orders, and supporting documents to the required diocesan contract review system (currently Agiloft). Collaborates and acts as liaison with the Diocesan Dept of Purchasing to secure appropriate approvals and authorizations of same.
• Collaborates and acts as liaison with the Diocesan Dept of Construction and Real Estate to ensure proper contract forms are used and approvals obtained for facility related projects.
• Ensures contractors are compliant as regards insurance coverage, named insured certificates of insurance, safe environment protocols, etc.
• Maintains all contractor, warranty, and certificate of insurance files and records.
• Reports and manages Liability and Property claims in collaboration with the Diocesan Risk Management/Claims Office.
• Maintains current and up to date knowledge of all Diocesan/Parish/School policies and directives regarding construction and contract management and related risk management and insurance components.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Attends staff meetings and other meetings as required such as quarterly diocesan business managers meetings to obtain latest HR and Risk Management policy updates and/or training as required for new software, policies, procedures, etc.
• Provides HR and Risk Management administrative support to the Financial Controller as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Pastor, Controller, and/or School Administrators.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties
and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the employer.
Employer reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a
contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Values, upholds, and supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the Church; works with integrity; demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles at work.
• Working knowledge of all Federal and State regulations to which the Parish and School must adhere.
• Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Working knowledge of timekeeping and payroll systems (ExponentHR preferred).
• Able to perform work with discretion and maintain confidentiality in all matters.
• Well organized and detailed oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively, take initiative, and own responsibility.
• Able to manage time well in a multi-task, deadline-oriented environment.
• Able to maintain positive working relationships with all internal personnel and co-workers as well as external contractors/vendors and diocesan personnel, etc.
• Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Good math and calculation skills required as well as good knowledge of math functions in Excel.
• Able to identify, analyze, and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Able to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field.
• Not-for-Profit and/or church experience preferred.
• School experience a plus.
• Minimum two years’ experience processing payroll and working with personnel issues.
• Minimum five years’ experience working in related fields.
• Must have a reliable means of transportation, a valid Texas Driver’s License, and proof of personal automobile insurance.
• Must complete the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Training program, obtain a certificate, and renew the training annually as required.
Name and Title: Nan Sayers - Controller
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes