Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Coordinator of Adult Ministry
Hiring Location: Prince of Peace - Parish
Address: 5100 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 40+ Hours, Flexible
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
Prince of Peace is looking for a missionary disciple who is passionate about Christian evangelization and discipleship. This individual must be capable of juggling multiple events simultaneously, which means they must be organized, detail-oriented, and a strong multitasker. This person must be able to create a network of people at Prince of Peace and train them how to become missionaries themselves. This requires a solid foundation in the teachings of the church and in ministry. We need a person who will be fully engaged in the life of the parish; a person that will attend parish-wide events even outside of work hours. We are looking for a self-starter and team player capable of interacting with many different groups. This person should have strong interpersonal skills and be a good communicator.
Detail Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• RCIA & Adult Sacrament Preparation
- Recruits, trains, and coordinates team for RCIA and Adult Sacrament Preparation.
- Primary catechist and team leader for RCIA and Adult Sacrament Preparation.
- Point of contact for current and potential candidates and catechumens.
- Collaborates with parish staff concerning related issues, such as annulments, convalidations, and the planning of rites.
- Primary coordinator for Alpha.
- Responsible for promotion to guests and recruitment and training of team members.
• Adult Ministry Development
- Supports and serves as staff liaison for parish run adult ministries.
- Helps to equip and develop adult ministry leaders.
- Helps envision new ministries for evangelization and discipleship.
- Ensures all related paperwork, certificates, and sacramental records are completed.
- Submits annual budget and maintains budget throughout year.
- Select, order, maintain proper material (Books, CD's, DVD's, etc), and processes payments for kiosk and parish library
• Evangelization Department
- Collaborates with the evangelization department to develop and provide comprehensive evangelization initiatives.
- Supports major programs run by other evangelization team members.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Director of Evangelization.
• Christian Commitment:
- Must be a committed and practicing Catholic
- Must accept all the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Must be involved in the life of the parish at Prince of Peace
- Must be committed to ongoing personal growth as a disciple and ongoing professional development
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong discernment skills
- Must be a good recruiter and trainer of people
- Ideal Team Player: Humble, Hungry and Smart
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Social media savvy preferred
• Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in theology or related field is preferred
- Prior related experience is preferred
• Special Requirements:
- Must attend mandatory parish staff meetings and diocesan functions.
- Must uphold and adhere to the guidelines and policies of the Diocese of Dallas.
Please submit resume to Michael Muldowney, firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 15, 2022.
Name and Title: Michael Muldowney - Associate Director of Evangelization
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes