Hiring Location: Ursuline Academy of Dallas - Catholic School
Address: 4900 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75229 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
The Instructional Technologist will assist teachers in enhancing learning through improved integration of technology. The primary focus of the Instructional Technologist is to enrich and support teaching and learning while strengthening the technology skills of teachers and staff.
The Instructional Technologist will assist classroom teachers by:
• Assisting incorporation of technological hardware and software into instruction with attention to the one-to-one environment.
• Having a working knowledge of BackPack, Blackboard, Office 365, and Adobe Cloud
• Providing instruction and assist in the use of peripherals such as projectors and projector systems, video conferencing, digital cameras, and language labs.
• Providing professional development activities directly related to the integrated use of technology and technology tools available.
• Effectively communicating technology ideas and best practices to the faculty.
• Providing orientation for new faculty in My BackPack, Blackboard, Office 365, and network resources
• Informing teachers of learning resources.
• Supporting faculty in efforts to integrate technology.
• Providing training on software and technology best practices for teachers.
• Digitally transform teaching and learning/student outcomes with Microsoft and other solutions.
The Instructional Technologist will conduct the following training:
• Technology orientation for all new employees and provide training in the policies and use of Academy software.
• Monthly sessions/individual sessions designed to help faculty and staff integrate technology needed to fulfill the tasks associated with their positions.
The Instructional Technologist will create the following instructions and materials:
• Written instructions for common technical tasks as needed (such as use of projection equipment or instructions for completing computer maintenance).
• Learning Resources which may include written instructions, tutorials, or interactive programs.
The Instructional Technologist will be responsible for the following activities:
• Organizing/creating the needed material for Laptop Rollout.
• Coordinating MIE training for the new faculty and staff.
• Coordinating Microsoft Training as needed by the faculty and staff.
• Coordinating/organizing the submission and reviewing of Digital Portfolios.
• Creating/Managing Microsoft Teams for use by the Ursuline community.
• Provide technical support when needed.
Interested applicants should download the Employment Application and Background Check forms (found online at https://www.ursulinedallas.org/about/careers), and then email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to email@example.com.
• Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls' environment is strongly preferred.
• Proven technology-related experience, that includes training.
• Experience in leading training in-house and coordinating sessions with vendors.
• Ability to work with users on various levels.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Name and Title: Ursuline Employment
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email