Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 900 Saint Paul Drive, Richardson, TX 75080 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Associates Degree (Preferred)/ HS Diploma + 5+ yrs experience
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
The Parish / School Operations Manager is a leadership role in support of the pastor's responsibilities to the parish and school. This leader is a steward of the physical, financial, and Human Resources of the parish.
The parish operations manager either directly performs or is responsible for the supervision / management of personnel and/or volunteers.
• Maintain positive relationships and effective communication between parish and school community, various PBO’s and outside authorities as appropriate.
• Attend and present information and financials for Parish and School at Parish/School Finance Committee meetings.
• Attend diocesan administration meetings representing the parish/school and the pastor. Distribute and disseminate information obtained at these meetings to all parish / school personnel as appropriate.
• Consult with and advise pastor and/or principal on business and administrative matters that affect the parish and/or school.
• Direct the management of the parish office. This includes meeting with Admin., Maintenance, Business, and OEC departments as well as leaders.
• Oversee the management of the parish records.
• Coordinate parish casualty, property, and workers' compensation insurance with the diocesan master insurance program; ensure that all proposals are within guidelines of Diocese
• Direct or provide input into parish stewardship, development, and fundraising initiatives.
• Participate in strategic planning and day-to-day execution of strategic goals/objectives.
• Maintain familiarity with all applicable policies and procedures of Diocese; also responsible for Employee manual with policies & procedures for St. Paul Staff.
Finance and Accounting:
• Maintain accuracy of all financial files and records and establish a responsible cash flow management system.
• Assist pastor and/or principal with information needed for grant applications.
• Research, review, and discuss Assessable Income for the parish FYE and coordinate with Diocese financial director’s office on recording of assessable income and final assessment.
• Facilitate the external annual AUP or audit: this includes multiple updated procedures for cash, collections, credit cards, banking information, new procedures, obtaining approval from pastor for all bank transfers, all minutes taken and prepared for finance meetings, preparing documents for signatures by finance and pastor, and implement suggested recommendations made by auditors.
• Prepare, administer, and review budget process in collaboration with finance committee and subject to review and/or approval by Parish / School Finance Committee and the Pastor / Principal.
• Act as liaison between the parish / school and the diocese in financial matters.
• Communicate with bank on any changes and/or privileges and send quarterly reports.
• Coordinate and review parish / school-based organizations' funds.
• Maintain accurate accounting following generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ensure financial accountability and stewardship policies and procedures are implemented and maintained; leaving all transactions properly documented and transparency for each.
Act as Human Resources Manager for local site to include but not limited to:
• Establish and maintain performance evaluation process.
• Keep personnel files updated and ready for audit.
• Evaluate, hire, train, and follow pastor’s guidelines for each department.
• Administer salary administration program within the budget guidelines of the location as well as administer the benefits programs.
• Administer corrective actions as necessary and/or report to pastor.
• In collaboration with the pastor/principal, establish and implement Human Resources policies/procedures; include specific policies in Employee Manual and have employees sign forms for their personnel files.
• Establish and ensure employee training for all staff.
• Administer all local and some Diocesan Human Resources processes.
• Train employee base on the utilization of the ExponentHR system.
• Work with Diocesan Human Resources department to implement overarching Diocesan programs and ensure all employees are enrolled and/or participating in required policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
• Solid business operational experience.
• Solid practical Human Resources experience.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills very important.
• Supervisory and leadership experience.
• Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and produce high quality results quickly.
• Excellent computer skills: MS Office suite of products; internet applications; QuickBooks Accounting Software
• Good record-keeping and facilitation skills.
• Collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support.
• Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism, and persistence.
• Ability to present oneself professionally!
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, extremely important.
• Ability to prioritize and to be flexible.
• Able to work occasional evenings and/or weekends and work an unpredictable schedule when necessary.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree desired in Business or a closely related field.
• Accounting experience in non-profit (Quickbooks)
5 years of business experience and payroll processing experience helpful.
Name and Title: Kathy Kelley, Business Manager
How to submit resume: Mail, Email
Approved - Yes