Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: All Saints Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 5231 Meadowcreek Drive, Dallas, TX 75252 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Varies to meet needs of Parish Families
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
General Summary of the Position
The primary responsibility of the Sacrament Coordinator is to organize, prepare, and implement the parish programs for the Sacraments of Initiation and RCIA program to the parishioners. In addition, the Sacrament Coordinator works in collaboration with the Evangelization department in the Family Formation and ministry programs for the young church. It is an integral part of the mission of evangelization to the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Welcomes and encourages interested inquirers with a well-developed and responsive ministry of formation that leads to the sacraments of initiation into fully Catholic life.
• Nurtures and directs those who assume roles required for Christian Initiation (Catechists, Sponsors, Godparents, Team Members)
• Communicates regularly with inquirers, candidates, the evangelization team, and the parish priests concerning the RCIA process.
• Provide leadership, resources, and direction to the RCIA team.
• Recruit and motivate RCIA team members and Catechists to assist with Family Formation.
• Responsible for the Liturgical Rites that are part of the various stages of the RCIA process and Sacraments of Initiation.
• Weekly attendance at mass with candidates especially during the Inquiry Stage.
• Ensure that a prayerful spirit prevails throughout the initiation process.
• Interview prospective candidates/team members and monitor formation.
• Organize team meetings when necessary.
• Facilitates the Mystagogia period beyond the Easter Vigil
• Assists in the Family Formation Program and once-a-month Family Meeting Session
• Oversees the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program.
• Work collaboratively and communicate regularly with families in the parish and school.
• Maintains an ongoing record of Sacraments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other basic computer skills.
• Ability to work with little supervision and set priorities.
• Commitment to the program.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of individuals and stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Understanding evangelization's scriptural and theological foundations, including revelation, discipleship, and conversion.
• Understanding of the methods of evangelization such as outreach, relationship building, symbols, witness, and storytelling.
• Understanding of child development and faith formation.
• Ability to assess and use the family, social, cultural, and global trends, and concerns in developing an RCIA process for individuals.
• Knowledge of the liturgical processes to design, implement, and coordinate liturgies, prayer services, and worship experiences.
• Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and dismiss volunteers.
Education and Experience
• A practical Catholic with a deep commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Bachelor's degree in religious studies, theology, or a related field preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience coordinating or teaching in a Catholic sacrament preparation program.
• Spanish Bilingual is preferred.
• Must have the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Certification.
NOTE: Position descriptions may be revised from time to time as required to serve the evolving needs of the parish. Employees are required to adjust to changes, additions, and deletions to their position descriptions as soon as possible following the revision date.
Sacrament Coordinator Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Philip Muscat - Business Manager
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes