Hiring Location: Bishop Dunne Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX 75224 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Tuesday - Friday, 7;00 am - 5:00 pm during school year
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
• Maintain school health program according to the nursing standards of practice and the Diocese of Dallas policies and procedures, and FERPA (Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act).
• Collaborate with other school professionals, parents, caregivers, and members of the community as needed.
• Serve as liaison to Diocesan Nurse and participate in all nursing meetings and training sessions.
• Assist staff and students to optimal wellness by referral to agencies as indicated (doctors, clinics, hospitals, CHIP, Medicaid, sight for students, charity care, etc.) and by offering health education programs.
• Provide annual bloodborne pathogen training and required documentation.
• Coordinate infection control measures for the school.
• Assist with Crisis Management Plan and Procedures according to Diocese of Dallas and school plan.
• Certify/recertify faculty, staff, and coaches in Adult/Child/CPR/AED every two years.
• Maintain all student health records (computerized and paper) according the Diocese of Dallas policy.
• Maintain up to date immunization records as required by the State of Texas.
• Maintain log of all student visits to the clinic.
• Dispense/store student medications according to state laws, Diocese of Dallas, and school policy.
• Attend to ill students and determine course of action including communication with parents/guardian as needed.
• Order and maintain adequate supplies for the clinic.
• Maintain First Aid Kits in the school buildings and on school buses.
• Monthly monitoring of AEDs to assess each is in working order.
• Maintain yearly record of completed physicals for coaching staff.
• Perform/Document on/before deadline annually.
• Complete Contact Tracing course
• Serve on COVID Response Team
The candidate will be a dedicated professional who understands the demands of nursing in a school setting. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of school nurse experience.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS or BSN) from an accredited university
• Pediatric experience preferred (Care of Bishop Dunne students and staff)
• Current license to practice nursing in the State of Texas (Registered Nurse)
o CPR/BLS Instructor Certification
o Hearing/Vision Certification through the State of Texas
o Scoliosis Certification through the State of Texas
o Acanthosis Nigricans screening certification from the University of Texas Border Health Office.
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Name and Title: Anna Lee Friesen - Human Resources
How to submit resume: Email