Job Opportunity Details
Facilities and Maintenance Technician
Hiring Location: Santa Clara of Assisi Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 4550 W. Davis St., Dallas, TX 75211 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM with 1 hour for lunch
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Under the supervision of the Pastor, this position is responsible for the maintenance and custodial needs of the parish and school facilities and grounds, to ensure the safety to all persons, including staff, students and visitors.
1. Inspects and is observant to facility needs, providing repair, maintenance and support of the physical plant. Monitors parking lots and all grounds while on duty. Secures all doors and buildings before leaving for the night.
2. Performs maintenance to the rectory, church, parish hall and school including light carpentry, plumbing and minor repair work on the facilities as needed or asked. Prioritizes requests for timely completion.
3. Oversees construction projects on the exterior and interior of the facility buildings. Oversees the activities of Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
4. Supervises the janitorial service and volunteers to make sure floors are mopped and vacuumed, bathrooms are clean, windows are washed, furniture is maintained and the
grounds are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
5. Maintains playground and related equipment.
6. Assures the collection and disposal of trash and garbage of church plaza and all outside trash cans.
7. Maintains an inventory of supplies for maintenance, lighting and cleaning. Orders maintenance supplies as authorized.
8. Any other assignment requested by the supervisor.
1. Successful work experience maintaining facilities, grounds, and parking lots.
2. Ability to maintain a cooperative pro-active attitude and effective working relationship with school, employees, and volunteers.
3. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
4. Bilingual is a plus.
5. On-call availability for emergencies.
6. Normal work week is Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM with 1 hour for lunch. Occasional evenings and weekends.
7. Safe Environment Clearance
Facilities and Maintenance Technician Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Jill Killam, Business Manager
Phone: 214-337-3936 x. 316
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes