Job Opportunity Details
Director of Development
Hiring Location: St. Mary's Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 713 S. Travis St., Sherman, TX 75090 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
St. Mary’s is a Catholic school that educates students beginning at the age of 3 through 8th grade.
St. Mary’s Catholic School is devoted to instilling strong Catholic values, fostering a life of faith and servant leadership, providing a challenging academic environment, and inspiring each student to shine to the fullest extent of his or her God-given potential.
Posting Date: February 17, 2023 Position Start Date: July 1, 2023
Location: St. Mary’s Catholic School, Sherman, Texas
The Director of Development is responsible for supporting the school by providing development and related/public relations services at the direction of the principal.
The Director of Development is responsible for implementing an annual development plan in coordination with the principal and advancement team. This person spends a majority of the time soliciting major gift donors and prospects, coordinating the fundraising efforts for the school, and overseeing all fundraising projects for the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive annual and long-range development plan which funds and supports the annual and long-range strategic objectives for the school
• Develop and oversee an annual campaign to support the operating budget of the school
• Proactively identify, cultivate, and solicit individual and corporate gifts
• Research, identify, and implement new sources of revenue
• Create legacy giving opportunities for donors through wills, life insurance, trusts, and retirement plan designations
• Research and write grant proposals that support segments of the school’s long-range plan
• Plan fundraising events and work collaboratively with volunteers to set and achieve benchmarks for the auction/gala, fall festival, grandparents’ day, and other community- building events as needed
• Prepare individual communications for donors such as gratitude phone calls, personal notes, invitations to special events, and acknowledgement letters
• Plan the annual Principal’s Circle donor reception
• Support and assist advancement team programming and events
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
• Strong familiarity with typical school software (Microsoft Office Suite, Apple platform software, RenWeb/FACTS)
• Ability to meet established plans, goals, deadlines and objectives
• Strong initiative, ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
• Works well both independently and collaboratively under extremely tight deadlines, on several projects concurrently
• Highly skilled in developing and nurturing interpersonal relationships and communications with staff, volunteers, new families, and members of the community
• Possess organizational and creative thinking skills; attention to detail is imperative
• Demonstrates high energy level and flexibility, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment; flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information
• Proactive problem solver and knowledgeable of correct protocol for specific situations
• Eagerness to stay current on trends and developments in development and advancement
• Regularly monitor and analyze competitors to better understand trends and determine feasibility for St. Mary’s Catholic School
Reporting to the St. Mary’s Catholic School Principal, we will look to our Director of Development to:
• Support the school’s mission and be active in the life and culture of the school and parish community
• Represent St. Mary’s at community functions as needed
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of St. Mary’s Catholic School and the Diocese of Dallas
• Initiate or develop other programs relative to the job description
• Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned by the pastor/principal
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Dallas and St. Mary’s Catholic School.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in communications, finance, public relations and/or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a comparable field with 3-5 years of experience in a comparable position
• Experience working with a nonprofit or religious organization for 2-4 years is preferred
• Experience in development is preferred
We are open to learning more about your unique background that may contribute to meaningful alternatives to the above qualifications.
Director of Development Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Dr. Daniel Ledbetter, School Principal
Phone: (903) 893-2127
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes