Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Patient Advocacy Representative I
Hiring Location: Society of St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 5750 Pineland Drive, Suite 280, DALLAS, TX 75231 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: up to 24 hours/week
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Preferred
St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy in Dallas, Texas, specializes in providing prescription medication, free of charge, to patients who do not have health insurance. We are seeking an individual who loves working with people to work as a Patient Advocacy Representative where you will qualify patients to receive free medications.
Job Category: Hourly/Nonexempt Part Time
The Patient Advocacy Representative I completes the certification process of patients according to established policies and procedures and ensures that data are accurately filed and/or entered into a computer database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes intake process for potential patients.
• Works with intake volunteers: helps to train them on the intake process.
• Assists SVdP Conference members with referrals to the pharmacy.
• Completes intake data entry and paperwork filing.
• Refers patients to other potential services that may be available to them (both within the Society and other area agencies).
• Maintains confidentiality per HIPAA standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills both in person and over the telephone.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Adaptable, motivated, and dependable to provide ethical quality service across all situations.
• Able to juggle multiple priorities.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral skills.
• A high school diploma or GED.
• At least one year applicable work experience ideally in a health-related field.
• Experience with MS Suite/computer literacy.
• Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds in a faith-based setting.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) required.
• Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying light items up to 35 lbs.
• Driving an automobile may be occasionally required.
Name and Title: Carlos Irula, Pharmacist in Charge
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes